Audirvana Studio

UPnP support is very flakey in AudiVarna when I trialled it. Painful experience to use compared to Roons streaming to endpoints. It’s definitely not its strong point.

2 Likes

I must say Audirvana & UPnP works okay with my Devialet 440… yeah, perhaps sometimes it’s a bit flakey, but thats more the nature of UPnP - and why Roon won’t succumb when there’s RAAT?

1 Like

I am in Europe and had the yearly subscription plan. Few days ago I got notice that my sub is going to expire and was offered only $12.99/month option, not the discounted annual plan. So I went for lifetime licence :slight_smile: Not sure if that was a bug or something, but don’t have to care about that anymore now that I took the step.

If it’s $12.99/month vs. $6.99/month, I could see value for people who don’t use endpoints, multi-room, etc. and only feed everything from PC directly, just want a good player with some additional options and local library & streaming services integration.

Jakub, there’s a 30% saving on annual if you pay for a year up front, but its done now! Congrats on your lifetime :slightly_smiling_face:

I know, that’s what I did last year. But this time I did not have any option to go with the annual plan. Only monthly or lifetime… Not sure if Roon changed that or if it was just some kind of bug or I have done something wrong, but lifetime it is now, so who cares :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried Audirvana before Roon. With UPnP, I recall I could stream to my Astell&Kern SR15 media player and other things, which was nice. With Roon that’s not possible, but otherwise I am happy with RAAT. There were problems with gapless play in UPnP as well.

Ah, I didn’t know that. This is my first year. So, I won’t be able to renew my yearly subscription? Or is this something to do with 30% saving option. (Sorry if this is a dumb question.)

Done now as in Jakub went lifetime… not the offer is no longer available :wink:
Check out Roon’s page: Roon Pricing - Starting From $9.99 / mo | Try It Free

I sometimes miss the simpler interface of Audirvana. I wanted a more graphic listening experience so Roon was more engaging, but now that I know I’ll see the same picture of that artist for a looong time, it is boring. But artist and album info is great in Roon.

If you wanted lifetime, you were smart to get it. Roon has said they’ll terminate it at some point. It pays off in time. I’m at over five years. House money now.

1 Like

You can change it with a picture of your linking.
Be sure to make the new artist picture half the length of the width.

I am very interested to see and hear tomorrow what it’s hiding behind a new Audirvana Studio.

Amazingly no sneak peaks , so we have to wait . They will have to have done some crafty footwork to catch up with Roon.

The number of people who say SQ is better but to me the whole UI and Remote experience is sub par , there are several DNLA remotes that do much better

But wat for tocatch up with Roon?

For me Roon is for a while - for searching and cataloging, while Audirvana is for listening for the long time, what I have found with Roon.
But now that they’ve improved the search - who knows if Roon will be stil needed for me…
We will see.

Audirvana Studio will be subscription only. €70 a year or €6.99 a month.

Our whole lives will be subscription only…

7 Likes

They try to move to a SAS model. I have my doubts knowing the quality of Audirvana.
As a buyer of 3.5 you can test it till end of July 2021 for free they say.

1 Like

Also I wonder for the integration of streaming. Till now Roon has the best one by far. Second is Plex but with very basic options and that’s it. Audirvana doesn’t mix my local library with the online. If it’s halfway between Roon and Plex i’ll give it a try till August when my subscription ends. After all it’ll be 50% cheaper which is very good.

Multiple streaming to more than 1 device will be my needs, plus the last time I trialed it took forever to deal with my 270k local library.

Likewise the ability to work with displays and control interfaces around the house like ropieee gives me.

I use(d) Audirvana 3.5 only in a streaming context with the Highres audio service.
My local library is only Roon, plus a rest of SACD Isos with JRiver.
I will try to avoid Audirvana altogether.