Auditioning against traditional class AB

Super confused after a recent audition at a london high end dealer:

Lyngdorf 1120 + dali menuet se / kef ls50 meta / Amphion Argon 1
vs
Bluesound Node 3 => Naim Supernait 3 + same speakers as above

Completely different sound ‘feel’. The lyngdorf was not set up for RP. I used the Music 2 voicing. Speakers were placed close to wall so as to simulate my living room limitations (cannot have speakers away from wall). Had to reduce bass by 3db using the Bluesound Eq to avoid bass boom.

I am going back to the dealer next week to listen again and hopefully decide on a combo to purchase. This time they will set up the lyngdorf for RP so I will be able to listen to it properly.

I can see what some reviews mean about the ‘soul’ of the Naim. Very punchy and rhythmic. The lyngdorf is much more restrained but also quite warm in some ways. The technology is marvelous and the room correction is probably what modern living rooms need. The Naim will never go obselete however :slight_smile:

Very difficult to decide between the two (totally confused after 1.5 hours of listenign and switching between the two).

Anyone compared between Naim and Lyngdrof?

PS: Naim buzzed a bit through the speaker tweeters when set in AV mode (transformer noise amplified most likely). Lyngdorf totally silent.

Though not an exact comparison I went from a Naim Atom + LS50 to a TDAI 3400 for those same speakers. Absolutely blown away and that was before I set up RP. Once I set up RP I was even further impressed and can’t see myself living without room correction now and Lyngdorf’s is the most plug and play of any of them. I’ve never been more impressed by an audio purchase.