Auralic with Roon

Is someone already using the new third generation of Auralic ? Range G2.2 or S1. I am playing with Aries G2 and Vega G2.1. I would like to know how Auralic third generation series improves Roon. Is the response quicker with newer Auralic models ? What makes the response speed of Roon ? Is it the core and internet speed dependant only ?

Speed of Roon has nothing to do with the streamer Roon Ready is a low demand playback api nothing more. The server you run it on, network, if files are local to the server or on other network storage affect Roons performance as well as having modern devices for the remotes all processing is done on the server side.

Thank you so much for the explanation.

Has there been any news on when the Aries S1 will be certified Roon Ready? I’m ready to pull the trigger, but I don’t want to wait too long after the purchase to use Roon.

Thanks

Support@auralic.com. Send them an email.

This is their response:

Hi:

Well, this is a question for Roon because we sent units to them back to January, yes, you did not hear it wrong, January this year. They are just slow and I don’t see how this is going to work out for every single manufacturer.
Xuanqian Wang

Any update on Roon Certification? Picked up S1 Aries and cant use it at all with Roon.

@benjamin Is there any update on this certification? Auralic has been saying its in Roons court all along. You are allegedly working on this certification on your end.