Automated Soundiiz Integration

Hello,

A few releases ago, Roon added support for exporting playlists in a format that meshes well with Soundiiz.

This is a great and useful feature, but the process is quite manual - playlists have to be exported individually and they must also be imported into Soundiiz individually and manually.

I would love to see a deeper integration with Soundiiz where playlists could be kept in sync automatically! It appears that all of the streaming services support this tighter level of integration with Soundiiz, and I would love to see it in Roon - especially a bi-directional integration, where playlist changes in Tidal (or another streaming service) are reflected in Roon.

I understand Roon’s bread and butter is Album listening, and I think that should remain the focus, but I do enjoy playlists from time to time and it gets frustrating trying to keep things in sync.

I want this so badly. Roon is my primary listening app when I am home but I (obviously) use other applications (i.e. Tidal or Spotify) when I’m in the car, work, etc. While listening to the HiFi at home I can access my Tidal playlists, of course, but when listening via Roon, when I “Add To Playlist” it adds the track to a Roon playlist.

Playlists on other services automatically sync via Soundiiz, and I know I can manually export Roon playlists and import into Soundiiz, but it’s really a PITA when you are regularly changing, adding, deleting Roon playlists and then have to remember to go export/import/sync etc, and things get wacky pretty easily.

Essentially you can see your Tidal playlists in Roon and thus Spotify/Apple Music/etc playlists can be automatically synced to Tidal with Soundiiz and thus appear in Roon. But anything I create in Roon is sequestered there unless I manually export/import and while this works ok for a new playlist, making changes often results in out of sync playlists in other services.

I would love to have real Soundiiz integration or the ability to edit Tidal playlists inside of Roon. Maybe a pipe dream but this is probably the only thing that comes up short in Roon.

2 Likes

Soundiiz (or similar) integration certainly gets a thumbs up from me as a stop gap and is far better than having no easy route to automated playlist syncing.

But for a (premium) music library management platform, this feels like functionality that should really exist within the Roon product/offering itself, at least as a basic level of functionality (*). How many extra monthly subscription do we all really want to be paying for.

(*) not suggesting Roon incorporate all of Soundiiz features and support such an exhaustive list of streaming platforms. But it feels like there’s a small and sensible subset that would fit nicely into Roon itself rather than needing to rely on a 3rd party platform.

1 Like

+1 for soundiiz integration to make our daily life (roon-qobuz-apple music) easier…

2 Likes

+1 for me as well. I’ve been receiving Roon Mastery Series emails and the Day 37 of 100 email was about Soundiiz, indicating that: “We’ve partnered with Soundiiz to make exporting playlists and other content from Roon to other music services quick and easy. Using Roon’s Soundiiz Export Mode, you can generate a custom CSV file for any type of content. You can then upload the file to Soundiiz and sync the content to TIDAL, Qobuz, or other streaming services.”

I have been a Soundiiz subscriber and love the service. When I saw the email from Roon I was very excited to try out the integration… What I’d like to use it for is to sync my entire Library, as can be done within Soundiiz (for streaming services)… But from what I can tell the integration only seems to work with Roon Playlists. IE: if I select all my Tracks or Albums in Roon I do not see an option to Export… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Isn’t this a no-brainer for Roon? Isn’t this a simple API thing? Can we get a response, at least to acknowledge the business/financial reasons as to why it’s not offered?

I know I’m super late to the conversation, but adding integration to Soundiiz would be a huge feature as most people are not using ARC for remote listening, they’re using another platform, keeping the playlists in sync between Roon and whichever other platform would be awesome!

1 Like

+1 for me also. I don’t expect to be using Qobuz, Spotify, LMS AND Roon for ever, and I think it’s time I started to take my playlists in hand :wink:

Add myself in!

+1 on this one

I suppose this issue can be closed with the latest updates to playlists? I can’t imagine any need for this anymore.