B103 ARC tracks missing in offline mode for downloaded albums [Tentatively Resolved]

Thanks Luca. I can see from the last screenshot that ARC is on Build 150. Can you please update ARC to build 161? This issue should be resolved there. Lmk

Thatā€™s not available on iOS App Store

That wonā€™t help as B161 has the same bug :slight_smile:

@Piotr_Pekala thanks for verifying Piotr. Weā€™ll see if we can repro on our side.

Any special steps youā€™re taking to reproduce this? Any context you can provide is helpful.

You need to have some albums downloaded that were not played recently when you were online.

Maybe those albums need to ā€œageā€ a little bit after downloading - some people (that might have been @Suedkiez) reported that after ARC reset it works fine for some short time but soon the problem returns. I donā€™t know.

If you have albums downloaded some time ago & not played recently you may be sure you will reproduce that.

Yeah I saw this in the past IIRC. Currently, with 161, the downloaded albums are fine for me. But I may have ā€œvisitedā€ all my downloaded albums already while being online. I will keep an eye on this.

What also seems to be new in 161 is that while in offline mode, all tracks that are NOT downloaded show as ā€œunavailableā€. I guess thatā€™s on purpose.

I now downloaded this album and went offline before re-visiting it. The tracks are still there while offline. So far, so good. Letā€™s see if it sticks :slight_smile:

where are you guys based? In UK App Store B161 is not available. Stuck with B150

B150 is a production release and B161 is an early access one. You wonā€™t download it unless you participate in Early Access tests.

Germany. Took some time but noticed yesterday that it had arrived, not sure when exactly.

Edit: And yes earlyaccess of course

I tested it again andā€¦the result is as you wrote. All the downloaded tracks are now visible. Only the graphics are missing.

Thatā€™s strange, as I tested that in the morning on freshly installed B161 and Iā€™m pretty sure the result was different. Anyway, good it works now.

My covers are there as well, and in good quality. For the first time in a long time the ARC content appears for me as expected. Letā€™s see then ā€¦ :slight_smile:

Well at least for what I think are a bit more recent downloads. Some possibly older ones still/again have pixelated art in Now Playing in offline mode.

I guess some redownloads and more watching the quality will be necessary.

Edit: Quality fixed after going online, loading the affected albums, and going offline again. Letā€™s see if that sticks as well

That stores missing covers but only in low quality. When you start playing in offline you will see it on the Now Playing screen.

I know that was the case, I reported that further up in this thread, but now I did go offline after the refresh, played it, and then checked the Now Playing screen while offline. For now, the quality remained good. Weā€™ll see later :slight_smile:

You have more luck than me then :slight_smile:
I can see proper resolution graphics only for albums that I was recently listening to online.

And in Android Auto still no graphics are being displayed. Do you have the same behavior?

I donā€™t have a car and Android Bike is missing :wink:

In ARC, after being offline since yesterday after refreshing the 3 albums where it was pixelated, the artwork is still fine so far

Hi, everyone! Could you, please, if you are still seeing this issue that often on the recent Early Access builds?

Thanks!

ā€“
Ivan

I havenā€™t done anything with ARC since the previous posts in March, when I wrote

Since then, ARC was online all the time.

Prompted by your post I now put ARC in offline mode, played the exact same albums I had downloaded then, went to Now Playing, and everything is pixelated again :frowning:

Understood, thanks! The artwork problem is a separate issue and we were able to reproduce it but the dev team is still working on a fix :frowning: But you have not seen the empty track list issue recently, @Suedkiez, am I correct?

Thanks!

ā€“
Ivan

Ah yeah I confused the issues again :slight_smile: No, the tracks stayed there OK for me AFAICT

1 Like