B112 ARC CarPlay Feedback

But it is working now :grinning:

Yep…working fine in rental again today! Will try my car again next week once back home! Not sure why it would be diff since I thought carplay was pretty much same and updated via the apple device. Not sure if some missed firmware update on my kenwood but will look next week!
D

1 Like

CarPlay rarely works for me, even when Roon ARC does work. This is after I just deleted and reinstalled the Roon ARC app on iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Well, CarPlay is an Apple thing… and Apple says this is how your music will be accessed because we say this is the best way… Isn’t Apple great! :rofl:

Apple CarPlay works great with Apple Music.

Exactly, their API. Their app. They could give a hoot about Roon.

Apple has the best music app. There is no need for anyone else to create one. Just ask Apple.

:joy::joy::joy:

There is if you are a Roon customer with a lot of your own music files on your Roon server.

I was being sarcastic.

B1180 ROCK Core on NUC10i3
ARC B112 on iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2
Wireless CarPlay on Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT

I’ve posted about this issue a couple of times but now I have come to realise that it the buttons change size between songs, as I have watched it happen.
Appears to happen after ARC has been restarted on my iPhone.
Is this a CarPlay bug or a bug in the Pioneer CarPlay firmware?

I am up to date with the Pioneer firmware.

Also I’ve noticed artwork is definitely loading much more slowly if I only have one or two bars on 5G. A full strength signal (4 bars) on 4G loads images very quickly. Music starts without issue, it just seems to be image loading. This happens on the Home Screen as well as albums and artists.