B112 ARC CarPlay Feedback

I only had to log in once after the update install. CarPlay took over two minutes to load the first and second albums I chose, 2 minutes each. I’m still only seeing albums with artist’s names that start with a or b. It took over 50 swipes to get to The Byrds (last one shown).

Artist’s list shows a through s. It took 58 swipes to get to the last s.

This app is unusable for me until and unless it gets an a to z option for albums and artists such as Apple Music shown below and all albums and artist are available from which to choose.

But, thanks for your efforts.

1 Like

Would love to have a “Recently Added” list in CarPlay. I frequently want to listen to newly-added albums on my drive to/from work.

Question: Since the Roon CarPlay integration is basically just using Roon ARC information to display on a CarPlay screen, why is it so restrictive in terms of number of albums, tracks, and artists? Why are all not available as they are in Roon ARC and why is there no a to z method for choosing what to play?

1 Like

I am having the repeat log in issue as well…not sure what got changed in the last two updates but that is a new bug. Otherwise working well minus the above mentioned issues with limited library listings and the desired recently added option.
Thanks
Doug

Are you being logged out on build 112 ? If so, can you describe your event sequence?

Yes, I am on 112. Sequence: start the car, plug in the iPhone, wait for CarPlay to load, then select Arc, then I get the message to log into Arc. When I go to the app on the phone I have been logged out even though I was logged in before getting into the car. It happened all 3 times today that I started the car. Unrelated, I also noticed that one time driving today the music stopped and I had a “poor connection “ message displayed. Once I evidently got better cell signal the application picked up from where it left off but no sound even though I watched it playing for awhile…I had to close the carplay app and reopen it to get sound back…that has happened twice now.
Thanks
Doug

If you happen to get into this state again, instead of logging in can you please restart the ARC app and see if it still requests the logging or not?

Ok sounds good! Will be traveling the next week so hopefully the rental car has carplay and put the app through its paces!

1 Like

Still logging out for me as i connect to CarPlay tried several times now ,still the same .

Im about the sams as @Jim_F
I can use arc in the car, but as soon as I try via carplay it becomes unresponsive , either poor connection or just a spinning wheel and nothing loads.
I can use usb carplay and wireless carplay and it’s unusable on both.
Bit of a step backwards for me as I can no longer use Roon in the car.

I have posted a couple times that I believe we need an a to z way to choose albums and/or artists. However, if this is not going to happen, then I suggest you change album sorting back to most recently added and/or most recently edited, etc. At least that way, there is a way for users to have some influence over what is actually available to play. Personally, I would consider this a temporary situation pending the addition of a to z album and artist selections. Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, this is probably not a great recommendation. IMHO, the CarPlay integration of Roon ARC will not be usable for me until there is an effective and efficient way to choose a specific album or artist. We really need a to z drill down to what we want to listen to.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for helping us with this. This issue is really tricky and we’re having a tough time reproducing it on our side.

Can you please let me know:

• Which mobile device are you using?
  • Which car/head unit are you using?
  • Are you using a wired or wireless connection to your car? If wireless, are bluetooth and Wifi enabled?
    *When did you last update? How quickly did you begin using Carplay after said update?
  • What were you doing in ARC last before updating?

Thanks again.

Hey Kevin, thanks for your help here. Could you please take a look at the questions above and share your experiences as well?

Hi Michael ……
The mobile device is a iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Cars a Honda civic 2019 plate ….Hondas standard own system built in.
I’m using a wired connection to the car from iPhone .
I last updated the iPhone Roon arc app as soon as it came available.
I tried the app the following day and have tries it a few times since.
Before I updated as far as I can think back I was using it in the car on CarPlay playing a music file stored on my nuc storage.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for helping!

1. Iphone 14Pro on ios 16.2
  2. Kenwood head unit circa 2020
  3. Wired connection from phone to head unit
  4. I think i was just updating to 112 and then hopped in the car to test it out…thats when I started getting the logged out issues…since then its been hit/miss with working OK vs crashed vs logging me out…I tried the trick of not logging back in and just closing Arc and trying carplay but that didn’t work
    Thanks
    Doug
1 Like

No issues tonight with a Nissan Rental car here in the chilly midwest…ARC worked flawlessly without any login issues…lots of driving this week to test it out more.
Thanks
Doug

Tried it again this morning ,before I went out I made sure I was logged in and played some of a track ……I went out connected iPhone to the car and I was logged out asking me to login again. !
Just to add I don’t have this issue with other music apps

Hi @michael same issue here on Build 112 for the last couple of days.

Connect in the morning and have to log into ARC once the Carplay app has been opened.

• Which mobile device are you using? Iphone 13 Pro
  • Which car/head unit are you using? BMW latest software with Enhanced Carplay
  • Are you using a wired or wireless connection to your car? If wireless, are bluetooth and Wifi enabled? Wireless, and both Bluetooth and wifi are enabled
    *When did you last update? How quickly did you begin using Carplay after said update? 2 Days ago
  • What were you doing in ARC last before updating? Cannot remember, but probably using it in the car

That is an interesting lead. Same everything, just different car?

Hi Michael,

• iPhone XR IOS 16.2

• New Toyota Yaris Cross with the new wifi multimediasystem

-wireless connected to the car, BT and wifi always ON

-directly installing newest updates of Roon and ARC, what I did in ARC; just trying to work with Carplay