B1143 Dragging Playbar in Remote (FF), Causes Skip To Next Track

Only happening in Remote, not ARC. It’s been happening for as long as I can remember. Posted in Software on the production side; it was suggested to post here.

Roon Remote:

• MacOS 12.6
  • 2.0 b1143 production (not sure why my Remote is on production and my core and Arc are early access branches)

Hi, @Joshua_Nelson, thank you for the report! Could you, please, post a video to illustrate the issue you are observing?

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Thank so much @ivan - appreciate your time on this. Video is linked below.

Remote playbar behavior video

Thank you for the illustration, @Joshua_Nelson, we will try to reproduce this issue internally.

Quick question: is this reproducible with any zone you have or only specific ones?

Ivan

1 Like

Ooh, great catch @ivan. Can I lure you from Roon for my QnA team (Marketing data engineering and Analysis… :sweat_smile:)

Currently, it only happens in a grouped zone with two endpoints. I tested said endpoints individually, and the slider advanced the track as expected.

However, in the past, singular endpoints have exhibited the same skip-track behavior, but I cannot reproduce that today.

So I’m understanding terms; zone=endpoint?

EDIT: It is now skipping to the next track, almost every time, using a single zone/endpoint.

1 Like

Thank you for you reply! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep, that’s correct:

So I’m understanding terms; zone=endpoint?

As for this behaviour:

EDIT: It is now skipping to the next track, almost every time, using a single zone/endpoint.

May I ask you the following questions:

• Were these zones previously in the group affected by the skipping issue?
  • Could you, please, provide more details about these devices: manufacturer, how are they connected to your Core, etc
  • By any chance, could you, please, try to reproduce it with the system output on your MacOS remote and check the result?

I am asking because we have not had luck reproducing this issue yet, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

No worries, happy to help in any way I can @ivan, I would love to be able to audition parts of tracks with new music. Currently, I have to let the track play, and I can’t skip through it fast, in real-time before trying another one…

Yes, they are the only enabled zones I use. I don’t use the “Mac output” zone. The “Samsung - Bedroom” zone won’t play on that device for some reason (that’s another conversation / issue).

• “Desk SS” Zone= Pair Sonos One SLs, Sonos Sub Mini
  • “Sonos Streaming” Zone = Sonos Arc, Second Pair of One SLs and Sonos Sub Gen. 3
  • Both of the above are wifi via the Sonos Streaming protocol (see snip below)

With Mac Output (seen in the snip) the play bar works as expected.

Ah, so this is a Sonos thing… I’ve noticed the two Sonos zones, sometimes, struggle to be “real-time” when first toggled on from the lower right corner output selector in Roon Remote. They always catch up, but sometimes there are anomalies when first selecting the zone (grouping, ungrouping it etc.) There is a delay, or one speaker takes a few seconds to fully play. But, only sometimes; most of the time they play correctly after selecting the zone.

Are there settings in Roon that could help account for this, my guess is it’s a networking issue, as my Mac connects only sporadically to the two Sonos systems (the bulleted zones above) via Airplay. I got nowhere with Apple on this.

Or, as inevitably I’m seeing I’ll have to do, when I talk to Sonos, what kind of setting could help this signal path issue out?

Or, is this a Router setting based thing. I have a modern WIFI 6 router.

Thanks for your time on this @ivan. My apologies for having taken up so much of it. I should have realized this is a Sonos thing… :joy:

Got it, thank you for the reply! Based on your description does feel like there is a problem that might be Sonos-specific :frowning: That said, maybe it’s worth trying the Sonos app behaviour in this case + TIDAL, for example and see how it goes. In case it’s a Roon problem only, I’d be glad to investigate this further internally.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Will do. Close this out if you like @ivan. Again my apologies and thanks!

No problem, happy to help!

Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.