Your report suggests the symptoms of an authentication mismatch - does a reinstall of ARC on the iPhone by chance restore connectivity? Other possibilities include a certificate expiration or firmware update on the part of the router, or some port reservations that have been put in place by the ISP and are blocking the port test. If you restart the router, does that allow the port test to complete?
We’ll proceed from there if not, and I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues.
@AndyR, are there any diagnostics displayed in Roon → Settings - >ARC, or is the port test similarly hanging for you?
I have found that I can break out of the port test hanging by turning off upnp in the router, at which point it completes the test, indicating a fail, and flags some diagnostic text as you would expect. It will hang again if upnp is reenabled.
BUT if I leave upnp disabled and manually configure port forwarding, the test completes, and ARC works.
I used a different port number to the one previously selected by Roon; I didn’t try all permutations of same/different, and I wasn’t especially consistent with stoping and restarting Roon Server during testing.
ARC tested on iPad house WiFi and Android phone house WiFi and cellular 4G; Android ARC is still on the previous build.
Automatic port forwarding configuration was previously working ok.
I don’t think I changed anything other than updating to 1216, but I have no control over what Virgin might have done!
The issue might be limited to people on early access with a Virgin Hub 3…
Not sure we could have just changed the port number - I had to disable upnp to break the loop, then I’m not sure there was an option to select a port number in Roon before turning upnp back on. Sequencing is likely crucial, and I’m not sure I want to beak it again to find out!
Thanks for this hint…that could be me! I’m out and about now but have the same symptoms after updating - I’ll make use of your experience in trying to fix it. (BT hub as modem for me with Unifi Dream Router).
Same here on Fios Router
Disabling UPNP, while not clearing out The Port forward and Static IP settings Arc had previously set allowed the arc test to pass. Arc is now working on mobile app.
I have not tried re-enabling. Don’t want to risk breaking it again!
Having the same problem here in Germany… ARC was working flawlessly over the last months, and all of a sudden it can’t connect to the core anymore, and in the ARC settings tab, the Testing doesn’t complete.
I live in Germany, my internet provider is M-Net and I’m using a Fritzbox 7490.
Disabling UPnP didn’t make a difference in my case, the problem persists. Would be great to get a solution soon!