B1273 Still losing Recent listening "Time Listened" statistics after latest update [Investigating]

@Gracjan_Deresz , neither do I. Multiple forced manual backups have had no effect. And since it happens during the day, including days where I have backups disabled (for testing), I’d have to believe it’s unrelated.

I also noticed this today on my core.

Can’t speak for others, but, definitely not for me. I’ve got no scheduled backups, and, it happens to me nightly, at midnight, without fail.

An update here. Out dev team is working on a possible fix at the moment. As a short summary of the investigation is the following. There’s a strange state when the clock rolls over where the first play in your listening history is ahead of the date we have in the cached profile listening information. That’s most likely to happen on RoonOS devices which are always using UTC timezone. Hopefully, we are going to have this resolved soon.

Thanks!

Ivan

9 Likes

Thanks for the update, Ivan. Much appreciated

1 Like

Also thanks from me @ivan

1 Like

My latest update, as of last night, is that the stats will stick after midnight so long as I don’t play any music. LOL. The first song I play, regardless of the time, will wipe them out. I’m in the U.S. in the Eastern Standard time zone.

Hello。In version 1280, the problem of lost playback time statistics is more serious, and now it becomes 0 every day.

I don’t know if it could help. The issue appears in my system every time I use ARC out of my home in my Iphone. When I came back home the statics are in cero. I restart de Nucleus and the stats came back.

Yes, still daily here, as well.

Hi, all! A small update here, we have a potential fix coming in the next EA access release.

Ivan

6 Likes

Sounds great, Ivan. Appreciate the update.

Still a permanent condition here, using a mac mini as the server (ie, not a RoonOS device). Also, no ARC.

@CM_Harrington You’re running the latest EA release, build 1292? (that should have a possible fix)

Hi, all!

The latest EA release contains a possible fix for this issue. Please, update your core and see how it goes. I hope that it is going to be smooth :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Thanks, @ivan . I’ll let you know tomorrow morning after I play some songs after 12AM tonight/tomorrow morning. Thank you for being across this one.

1 Like

Works for me so far, ROCK in Germany, I updated yesterday evening and played this morning

@ivan Unfortunately not completely fixed. the update was done some time around 8 or 9 pm CET two days ago on release day, 6/21. I think I may have played some music in the evening after that, but not entirely sure. I am quite sure I did play the next morning, yesterday 6/22, from around 8:30 to around 9:40 am.

In the 6/22 evening, I posted the above “works” at 11:57 pm CET. At this time, the statistics were there.
However, I also played somewhere around that time in the evening, but I forgot if before or after that post / midnight.

Now in today’s morning at around 9 am, before I played anything, they are gone again.

Update:

Then I pressed play on an album and did not look immediately at the stats, but when I did so now about 17 mins later, in the middle of the playing album, they were there again. I did not reboot the core or restart the app in the meantime.

@Suedkiez
Let’s see what will happen next, to understand our further steps.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 Like

@Suedkiez mine has made it 1 day and 14 hours.
Most days it was back to 0 by the morning, but I have managed two overnights (both with backups) since the latest EA build.

Before this update it managed 3 nights and then had to be restarted two days in a row, so I will continue to check until Monday and post if it fails.