B1273 Still losing Recent listening "Time Listened" statistics after latest update [Investigating]

Hello,

Apologies, if redundant, but, I’m still intermittently losing all of my stats, despite never restarting my M1 Mac-based core. A quick reboot solves the issue, but, I’d just like to make the team aware. Thank you for any assistance!

EDIT: Sorry…I just saw this discussion was in the main production thread. I haven’t visited there since being on beta. My mistake!

1 Like

Yes, 1273 is not resolved.

1 Like

Same here. My home page is still populating, so this part was solved for me, but the play stats are zero

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you for your reports, we are investigating this behaviour. I am going to post updates or info requests here as we make progress.

Ivan

1 Like

Thank you @ivan . I should amend my original note by saying that my play stat counter is being reset nightly at midnight, EST.

Thanks, @Joe_Strain!

@Suedkiez, @Joe_Strain, @5839889_wly, could you, please, tell me if you have scheduled backups configured to run on your Core?

cc: @Michael_Harris, could you, please, also provide this info since I saw that you complained about the same issue as the one described in this thread?

Thanks!

Ivan

Yes I have. A nightly one directly to USB attached storage on the ROCK, and another one to a NAS share every few days

2 Likes

Hi @ivan yes I also have at least one backup a night running and twice a week I have 2 backups.

Strangely it did not break last night for the first time since the last two updates and I have recent listening stats without having to restart Roon.

Hi @vova just to let you know this has reappeared the next day.
Maybe a little more investigation required.

Both server and client are on 1273

Hi @ivan I fixed it a while ago with a restart of of the Roon server (in Rock web ui), but it does look like a part of Roon had stopped working. Upon further investigation I could navigate around Roon but the home screen was not updating and music was not starting on a number of devices either.
I just got back home and started playing music again via Roon and everything is working gain as expected.
Let me know if you want me to try anything else to help get a lock on this one.

1 Like

Hi Ivan I can confirm that this has happened again this morning.
Not sure if you want me to do anything but restart Roon or if you can gain any additional information from the logs

The 1273 version still does not solve this problem, and the main interface is not loaded normally today.

1272 here but I can confirm the issue with listening stats.

Hi @ivan ! I do not have a nightly backup currently scheduled. Please don’t judge me! LOL

No judgement, @Joe_Strain :wink: I was asking because some people who complain about having this issue have scheduled backup configured. So, the fact that you do not have any scheduled nightly backups is an interesting data point here.

Am I getting it right that you do not have any scheduled backup or you are just saying that they are not done on a daily basis?

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

The day after the 1273 update, the main interface was not fully loaded, but after restarting the core, it is normal now.

And i have not scheduled backups configured to run on my Core

Understood, thank you, @5839889_wly, but you still have 0minutes of listening time intermittently, is this correct?

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

It appeared once, and it will be fine after restarting the core.

@Ivan, my play stats were still at zero and I restarted the Roon Server on the Rock, now they populate again. My nightly backup will run at 6 am, so I will see in the morning if that changes anything

1 Like