B132 Android Idle Battery Drain

I’ll let ARC in background and after that I’ll look for how much each app did use.
Sorry, not very experienced, love all computers and hate all phones.

Charge the phone to 100% before you begin the test, then the info becomes clearer as it shows the usage percentage per app since the last full charge

1 Like

Got it. I’ll do that.

Do you know which version of Android you are on. I’m running Android 13 and have been the entire time I’ve used ARC.

It says Android 11, it is a Galaxy A10. I’ll update the android, but let’s see how it goes for now. Opened ARC and let it be.

It is almost 24 hours. Never killed ARC in this time. I do not know what to make of it. To me doesn’t look like arc in background did drain battery. So I was mistakenly saying that it looks like it does. It was just a feeling. In the days the I do not use ARC the battery goes down the same. Maybe my test is not done right as I do to understand all the settings. If I can do other things you let me know.

1 Like

Yeah, in the 24 hour period, ARC was actually active for 1 minute and used 3.5% of the overall battery usage during this time. Which is entirely within a normal range and as you can see Google Play services used 2.7% during this time. Apps occasionally will do things in the background, but I would not consider 3.5% a “battery drain”.

1 Like

I just want to update this report, it seems after the QPR2 update for the Pixel 6 Pro that was released earlier this month this issue is no longer happening. It seems like based on the consensus here this may have been a device specific issue and not a Roon issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.