B132 ARC Android Auto Impressions

Hi,
I would also like to give some remarks.
Roon Core on Notebook
Huawei P20 Pro
Dynavon N7V7pro car radio

For me the B130 Version worked better than the B132 with Android Auto. With the B132 the system hangs when accessing the album or the artists folder. This was working (a bit slow) in the B130.
In the overview window it is very unlikely to see the cover art at.

Hi,
Running B132 and I’m very happy with the AA app.
Concerning the art work I noticed that it is built up bottom up. And it takes very, very long to finalize.
Music streaming works very well.
Would be great if My live radio gets included in ARC.

No luck getting ARC to show up in Android Auto in our 2018 Volvo XC60 and 2019 S60. In both cases, I tested with a USB-connected Google Pixel 7 Pro. No issues using USB Audio Player PRO, Qobuz, and TIDAL apps via Android Auto over the same USB connection.

I did try starting the ARC app on my phone before connecting the USB cable. Didn’t help. I can initiate playback of music in ARC on my USB-connected phone and hear it in my car. However, album art shown on my car’s console is not from Roon. It’s whatever I was previously listening to via Qobuz. If I attempt to use the car’s skip/pause/play controls, ARC playback stops and Qobuz takes over.

Meanwhile, USB Audio Player PRO and TIDAL work as expected. I have not yet tried to completely uninstall and reinstall the ARC app. Is that what’s next?

Thanks to Ivan at roon I was able to get ARC working with Android Auto using version 132. I can report no problems. other than the low-res album art which others have commented on. But that is only minor as I actually needed to have maps on the screen as I was delivering meals on wheels and ARC information was available on the bottom of the screen.

2 Likes

I have been using ARC with Android Auto for several days now and have a few comments/questions/issues:

1. It sems to me that the album art is improved in version 139.
  2. I would like the album title to be displayed - there seems to be plenty of screen real estate to do so - but this may be an Android Auto issue rather than an ARC issue as the album title doesn’t display with the music players I used before either.
  3. Some, but not all, MP3s do not show the track time counting down. All show the total time for the track but some do not show the remaining time. I do not know what distiguishes those that do and those that do not.
1 Like

Has this been resolved for you?

I would try and make sure you’re installing ARC via the play store and not the APK, as APK builds seem to not be showing up on the AA head unit. If you’ve installed via APK, yes please delete and reinstall via Play Store.

Yes. I’m all good now. Thanks.

1 Like