B1392 A manual rescan causes the images to no longer be displayed [Investigating]

Yes, the latest version has a major bug when handling the cache (at least the one for images). A manual rescan of the storage causes the images in the storage to no longer be displayed. Before the rescan, the images were displayed, and after the rescan they are no longer displayed.
Restarting Roon Server does not solve the problem.

Respectfully, Daniel

not for a second should any reasonable person doubt that this has been/is your experience.

And one would hope that those reading what you describe would be sympathetic.

But it’s been neither my experience nor (as far as I can see - a couple of days after the update) has such a phenomenon been widely enough reported here to qualify for acceptance of the existence of a ‘major bug’.

Good luck in finding a fix for this!

I can only agree. I haven’t experienced such chaos in years.

1. The number of albums on the home screen changes practically every time you start roon. (Here it doesn’t matter whether you start the server or ROCK from the WEB GUI, or just restart the client.)

2. There are a very large number of albums that do not have a cover. (ALL!!! albums of mine have a folder.jpg in the directory. Nevertheless, it looks like this now:)

For some albums there is a system: Each time one song from an album is presented as a new album without a cover. (This is why the number of albums on the home page also increases)

In the example below, 3 Alben more are displayed for the album “VintageCafe” without a cover image,

This can be corrected by reading the album again without the cover or changing from “no image” to “best possible” in the album editor.

The cover is then displayed and the number of albums on Home is reduced by 1 or, in this example, 3.

Of course I can do this manually. I now invest the time I saved for the “quick” roon after the update in manual rework. Very bad.

But what really annoys me is the fact that the next day - or after a restart - other albums (albums that were just displayed with covers) no longer have covers and so the reworking never ends.

2 Likes

Hi @DanielAvasilichioaei,

I’ve split out your post to it’s own support topic to bring it to the attention of Roon’s support team.

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi @Rudiger_Birkemeyer,

I’ve split out your post to it’s own support topic to bring it to the attention of Roon’s support team.

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Server Machine

INTEL NUC8i5BEH / RAM: 32GB

Router: ASUS RT-AX55
Roon Server connection: Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

RME ADI-2 DAC FS via USB
Devialet Expert Pro via USB

Library: ~28.500
Storage: ~26.800
Qobuz: ~1.700

Description of Issue

Please see my first post.
The problem occurs both on Roon Remote for Android and for Windows.

Roon Server Machine

Intel NUC, I5, 16GB Ram with ROCK v1.0 – Build 259

Ronn: Version 2.0 (build 1392) production

Remote Client: Windows 10, Android Phone, Android Tablet, Iphone

Telekom Router, all devices hardwired

Connected Audio Devices

LUMIN U2mini, div. Sqeezebox Clients. - all devices hardwired

Alben: 6982, Tracks: 111221.

No Tidal, no Qobuz

Description of Issue

see above
Cover art missing
Previously existing covers are not displayed after a restart
Number of albums changes constantly - and is incorrect

Edit: (more Infos)

The first Picture above was taken at 04.04.2024 11:08 CET

I manually corrected all the covers around this time.

Now at 18:14 CET the page looks like this:

Some more Data:
at 11:08 roon displays 7006 albums on the home screen
at 12:30 roon displays 7043 albums on the home screen
Now - at 18:18 roon displays 7190 albums on the home screen (after a restart roon server via the WEB GUI)

The correct number is 6982 (Before update to Build 1392

By the way, the number of tracks does not change. Only the number of unrecognized albums changes constantly, as several albums are created from one album

@support

Try this workaround:

Hi everyone,

The team is aware of this issue and we’re working to implement a fix. We likely won’t have one in place for this weekend, but you can expect an update on this issue as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello Connor

Unfortunately, the update to build 1401 did not fix the bugs from build 1392.
I would like to say it very politely and without anger but also very directly:
This is a “no go” for a database system if the number of albums varies from 6983 to 7055 after each start of roon.
What steps did I take:

After updating to build 1401 I still had a very large number of

• Albums without covers
  • Many more albums in the display than albums are stored on the server, as individual songs are repeatedly displayed as separate albums without covers.

That’s why I restored a backup of build 1388. Everything was still fine here.
After roon searched the database again (takes about 3 hours), roon displayed 6977 albums on the home screen. Some albums didn’t have covers, so I had them read again.
Result: 6977 albums, ALL with covers.

After rebooting ROCK I now have the result:
7055 albums, 121 without covers

This is simply inadequate and should not happen in a DB system.
I don’t want to show any additional examples, but: If you are the head of a school and have 500 boys and 400 girls registered in your school, then you have to find this again even after restarting the system. And not 920 students, because some are counted twice, for example the 20 were born in New York.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.