B231 Infinite Load

When I click on an artist, info, the bio just infinitely loads unless I pull down to refresh, at which point it instantly loads.

Can also happen on the other sections too (just tapping on the artist and seeing the overview as an example) but most severe on the bio.

System:

S24 Ultra
Apple TV [Ethernet]

Intel NUC8i3 [Ethernet]

1 Like

I can verify that (in the artist page at least):-

Michael

1 Like

I am not on B231 but on the current production builds of Roon Server, Remote and ARC… this also happens with me using ARC. I always thought it had to do with ARC having problems finding my server, but it does indeed help to swipe down to refresh the screen.

Same here, iOS

Hi, @Arlen, @Suedkiez, @crowlem, am I getting it right that your steps are the following:

1. Visit an artist artist details page
  2. Switch to the Info tab while it’s has not fully loaded

Thanks!

–
Ivan

That’s correct, @ivan . This is in ARC (me using the latest production builds).

It does not seem to matter when I go to the Info tab after going to the artist, it always takes a long time to load. Though I have just noticed that it seems to load eventually even if I don’t manually refresh.

Edit: Correction. The Overview tab can take a long time to load as well, but this is not obvious if the loading happens at the bottom out of sight. And then if I go to the Info tab during this it takes long to load as well. But maybew the whole issue is one single “things take long to load”

Got it, thanks!

I am asking because the initial post mentions that there is an infinite spinner afterwards:

The long loading is probably a bit different problem, though.

However, we have a ticket for the infinite loading case which I described with the steps. As for the the slow loading behaviour, we are going to take a look.

Thanks!

–
Ivan

1 Like

Yeah, I thought initially that I can reproduce the infinite spinner as well, but it’s possible that I just didn’t wait long enough (what’s infinite, the end of the universe? :slight_smile: ) Now when you asked I waited for longer and then eventually it loaded the Info tab even without a manual refresh. Not sure if that’s always the case after I wait for an hour :wink:

That’s definitely a bit too long :slight_smile:

–
Ivan

I didn’t mean it literally, just that I couldn’t distinguish it from infinite of that was the case :slight_smile:

This step doesn’t seem to matter at least in my case.

Even if the artist page is fully loaded (I.e. the overview, discography etc), switching to their bio just gets stuck endlessly loading.