B25 Album artwork not loading in [Resolved, New Ticket in New Thread, See Post]

Seeing this happen intermittently but today most albums just don’t load:

Playback is unaffected.

Had a similar thing happen, this was with arc on my iphone at work using wifi. Most of the artists had no photo, however the album art was well populated. everything played back fine.
searches for artist/albums worked quite effectively as well.

Your work wifi could be blocking access to the image server

This was on mobile data and Wi-Fi.

Sorry was responding to rods post

Same here even in home wifi. When albums have art replaced by the grey placeholder, the credits seem to have black holes instead of pictures too

Hi everyone,

While it’s always possible if you’re on enterprise W-Fi that there are security settings interrupting connection to Roon’s image server as @Rugby suggested, it sounds like you’ve been experiencing a constellation of known issues around Core sync and the browser UI.

If you continue to experience album art loading as a grey box (or something similar) after updating to today’s build (Build 30), please reach out. We’ll want to tease out whether upstream connectivity issues or actual graphical bugs are involved.

Thank you!

IIRC I had the issue until recently, certainly beyond B30, but forgot to update this thread.

However, now with B75 I can’t find missing covers in my ARC anymore. However someone else does in theirs, https://community.roonlabs.com/t/b75-covers-disappeared/221811?u=suedkiez

Hi @Suedkiez,

There’s a specific bug with artwork caching that’s manifesting in the other thread; it’s likely you’re up against that issue, as well.

We’ll be overhauling artwork handling at some point to a certain degree, and that should nullify or at least change the nature of these issues. For now, I’m curious if your issues are limited to Offline Mode/poor connectivity?

Sorry, I was not clear. When I wrote “with B75 I can’t find missing covers in my ARC anymore”, I meant that I can’t see the issue anymore, i.e., can’t find any covers that are missing. I just checked again and everything still looking fine.

When I still had the issue previously, it happened with offline / poor connectivity as well as when being online in ARC, even on my local wifi. And it seemed to change each time I looked which covers were missing.

1 Like