Bach as a contemporary composer?

Hello everyone!

Since last Roon update I have this little problem:

How come Bach and Dvorak appear as contemporary composers?
Can I do something manually to fix it?

Many thanks!
Andre

Count your blessings. Roon tells me that Bach is a performer. I should be so lucky.

Roon is a work in progress. A new version is imminent seemingly, after theyā€™ve had Christmas holidays. Issues like this have been known for ages. Letā€™s see if they get fixed.

Well at least you can remove Bach as a performer\primary artist from your albums.
I donā€™t understand why the section period of my Bach profile differs from yours:

With the previous release I didnā€™t have such problem.

Cheers

Alas I can not. None of the 10 albums Roon tells me that Bach made an appearance on are in my library, they are all in Qobuz. Same for the 28 albums for which Roon believes he was involved in the production, so I canā€™t get at the metadata. Havenā€™t got a clue why you and I get different periods either. Well, actually I have got a clue.

Just tells us how much Mr. Bach was ahead of his time. Iā€˜m sure he has done the digital mixing of his performances all by himself :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes, Bach performed, produced and mixed - and no doubt MQA will also be claiming he ā€œauthenticatedā€ the releases. Itā€™s a miracle. What do you think our chances are of matters improving with 1.8?

As long as they use metadata from different providers, put all that stuff in a hotpot and stir it around with their ā€œAIā€ engine, things will definitely not improve.

It would need a fundamental re-think. I am not expecting any of that for 1.8.

1 Like

Is the tag inherited from contemporary artists flagging Bach as a composer on their works?