Windows 10 Home.
Intel(R) Core™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
16GB of RAM.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hardwired to router to cable modem.

Connected Audio Devices

Dozen odd Chromecast devices.

Number of Tracks in Library

25,000 or so tracks, all mp3 ripped at 320.

Description of Issue

New to roon, still evaluating it.

Looking at Settings/Library, Background Audio Analysis is set to 4 cores, and appears to hang on some number of tracks - the count just stops.

Is there anyway of determining what file it is currently processing?

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you have discovered one of Roon’s most annoying and persistent features. The only way that I know of is to look through the Roon Server log files, where the files that are choking Roon’s analysis feature should be identified. I can’t tell you what to look for but it should be obvious from the wording in the logs.

This issue can be triggered by several issues. Unreadable files are the usual one but they can also be triggered by other issues. Only a few days ago I edited the title of a file (noticed a typo) whilst looking at my library from the Mac Finder. Roon corrected the title straight away but it seems that triggered a reanalysis of the file. This persisted for several days until I noticed it and just restarted Roon Server, which fixed the issue.

There have been requests to list such troublesome files (distinct from Skipped files, which are listed), but it is clearly not seen as a priority.

This happens way more than it should and I’m on ROCK. I find a restart of Roon server sorts it as the files themselves are fine it’s just hung and goes through fine after the reboot. You may also have some files it doesn’t like but with me it’s always the process has hung for whatever reason.

You’re not alone with audio analyse stuck…
See: Audio analysis crashes when renaming files/folders in library [Ticket In] - #22 by Edwin_Muskee

I’ve got the same problem, there seems to be a internal ticket with support for this but haven’t heard anything the past months….

1 Like

I’ve also found that when this happens and I restart, Roon insists there has been an update and the database needs updating so it goes through that process. There hasn’t been an update at all so well and truly not in a good place this is.

Hi @clark_wright,
Thanks for your patience as we work through the queue. As a first troubleshooting step can you try rebooting your Roon Core. If that doesn’t work as @Anthony_B said the only way to locate troublesome files is to look through your logs. We have activated diagnostic mode on your core and it appears the Alabama 3 - Blues might be causing your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.