Backing up Roon library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE
I
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

What were you after?

The only backup location listed is Dropbox, which I don’t subscribe to. I am using an Innuous Zenith iii and a PSAudio Directstream DAC. The innuous has an external hard drive connected by usb, which I use to backup Cds ripped onto its hard disc. Can I backup my Roon library on this same disc? How do I get Roon to see this disc?

I’m unaware of way to do this. Try to use a network share instead. See also:

You can use the following guides to setup a share on your PC / laptop, but don’t add it as a watched folder if you want to use it as backup location:

FAQ: How do I create a shared folder on Mac and add it as a watched folder in Roon?
FAQ: How do I create a shared folder on Windows and add it as a watched folder in Roon?

Hi @Stephen_Brown,

You’ll need to configure backups through the Innuos Web UI. You can read more about this in this post:

Thanks. I did connect a flash drive to the correct Innuous usb port and follow the other steps above. The Innuous does see this flash drive and I can back up Cds stored on the Innuous. But Roon does not see the flash drive. The only backup option Roon shows is Drop Box, which I prefer not to use because of the cost. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how to make the flash drive visible to Roon.

Hi @Stephen_Brown,

Have you talked to Innuos about this? If the drive is connected and exposed to Roon by Innuos it should be showing up as an option in the backups section.

Have you tried a different drive or different USB cables?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.