Basic Questions for using Crestron with Nucleus+

I have a Nucleus+ and for the most part I am fine using the iPad controllers for Roon operations. But I would like to be able to integrate a Pause All command with my Crestron system, and maybe also volume controls for specific zones.

Can someone point me to a list of Crestron commands available for the Nucleus+ that I can share with my installer? Also, if I want to add volume control for individual zones, is there a maximum number of zones supported in the Crestron module?

Thanks.

Hi @Kurvenal,
I am a Crestron dealer, programmer and Installer. I want to let you know that I just read your question and I will get back with you. I have a Nucleus+ running in 4 zones, a Bluesound Vault 2i in one zone and a Bluesound Professional B400S running in 4 zones.

I will go into detail, give screen shots of the setup and answer your questions above. Give me a few days as it it’s a holiday weekend and I am off on Monday.

Hi @Kurvenal,
Real quick. You need one (1) RoonSystemModule and a RoonDeviceModule for every zone. See the attached image of my Crestron Roon Modules.

Thanks very much for the advice and the screenshot.

Since I am not very familiar with these, can you confirm whether the Roon System Module will allow me to send a Pause All command to all zones if I decide that I do not need Crestron to control individual zones?

I am thinking that this would be great to add to a Goodbye button on a keypad.

Thanks again.

Hello @Kurvenal ,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Yes, there exists a Pause All command in the Roon System Module that can perform this function, please see the screenshot below with module commands available (please note that CRPC communication is also possible if they wish to integrate into a Crestron Media Object):

No, there should be no maximum limit to the zones, although each zone will have to be programmed and configured. Our Example Module on the Roon/Crestron Knowledge Base provides a great starting point.

Hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any further questions, thanks!