Be careful with Tidal Pricing

I think this add-on is to cope with all the different subscription renewal dates.
So the change to the Tidal HiFi and HiFi+ plans was made universally on the 10th April, but for many their existing HiFi+ subscription prior to the 10th had been already charged at the higher price, so the add-on is there, to provide billing cover until the end of the current subscription. At which point the add-on will be dropped and the new lower subscription price applied.

A function of a monthly billing system. If not, it would have to try and pro-rota the remaining subscription after the 10th and calculate a credit, which would be different for each renewal date.

I am on the Family Plan and the price dropped from $29.99 to $16.99 and no where is there anything about a DJ plan.

Logged back in to account to verify and there is nothing about DJ.

–MD

Yupe … looks like this is a regional thing. I’m in Australia and I don’t see DJ option.

1 Like

checked my account, and DJ extension was toggled on. however, in the billing section I saw a credit:

toggled the extension off, confirmed, then checked again, and it was still on. so for now, it looks like Tidal’s explanation above holds.

Same here. My billing was on April 8, and since the price change was to come into effect on April 10, I got charged $19.99 in April. Ok, no problem.

However, for some reason I decided to check my subscription, and this $9 DJ add-on was in place. I could actually not disable it (it would give me a “Failed” error) so I had to contact them to turn it off.

This is a little deceitful. I turned it off so hopefully I will get billed $10.99 in May.

This is crucial to me as I have to also pay for Qobuz, Spotify, Soundcloud, Youtube, etc… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This DJ option could be just a regional thing! I was on their Tidal plus subscription - AU$23.99 and it simply dropped down to AU$12.99!!!

I did see though they’ve added a new section in their account management portal, talking about 3rd party access. Guess, at some point, they’ll decide on which 3rd party application links they want to charge for. But if it’s DJ music, - could be an excuse to extract more revenue.

I wonder whether they’ll lump Roon with DJ options! I’d hope not, Roon has been excellent to them

Mine came through at the correct price as advertised, no sign of the DJ option

Yeah, I had a similar thing happen to me. I was expecting my bill to reflect the downward change but it was the same and I thought they must have made an error. It was only when reading a thread on the Hoffman forums that I learned of this DJ add-on. It was supposedly rolled-in at the higher price but they then made it an add-on and automatically included it. I logged into the account and removed it and my last bill was the price I was expecting to be paying moving forward. Not a disaster but a little bit cheeky of Tidal, really.

My subscription bill came in and all was well :+1:

2 Likes