Be careful with Tidal Pricing

I moved into the paid tier this week after a month trial and they hit me with an additional $9.99 DJ extension (no idea what that is). When I asked for a refund on the $9.99 (not the base $10.99) they refused saying that once a month starts, there is no refund.

Check your monthly invoices.

Dropping them for Qobuz out of principle for poor customer service.

5 Likes

Here’s my email, the cost is clearly mentioned.

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble opting out of the DJ Extension extra? The toggle switch on my subscription page keeps coming back to “on” when turn it off.

2 Likes

That’s the second part of the issue. Of course their crappy AI-lite chatbot can;t remedy the issue for us.

My subscription is listed as “individual” on the sub page and there is no DJ option to select.
I have a button to click to change my sub but I have not dared press it.
I am in the UK if this is a regional thing, I didn’t even know Tidal did a DJ ext until I read it here.

1 Like

Must be a regional thing… I am in South America and don’t see the DJ Extension option, either…

1 Like

I did have the DJ option enabled by default. Turned it off right before Tidal collected my monthly payment. The option is still turned off here. I am from the Netherlands and my subscription used to be Tidal HiFi Plus.

1 Like

I used to have HiFi and here DJ extension is disabled.

1 Like

Someone posted an explanation from Tidal regarding this DJ Extension. Evidently it was how they billed HiFi Plus and it will disappear on our first Tidal billing.

See this help article …

My subscription page lists the DJ Extension as an extra 9.00 …

Like @joel, at present I can not remove it. I have logged a ticket with Tidal and asked them to remove this option from my account.

PS A thought I wonder if the Tidal system views Roon as a DJ equipment !!!

@support please note and feedback.

1 Like

I just messaged Tidal to remove the DJ Extension unless it is required for Roon and the price remains at $10.99. Thanks.

Response from Tidal:

40x40 Helen Z. (TIDAL)

Apr 13, 2024, 12:10 PM EDT

Hi,

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support.

We’ve received your request to remove the DJ Extension from your subscription. We’ll be glad to assist you today.

If you were previously subscribed to a HiFi Plus Individual or HiFi Plus Family account, your Subscription page will automatically display ‘TIDAL + DJ Extension’ until your next billing date. At that time, your subscription will update accordingly.

You can always double-check that the add-on has been removed by toggling off the DJ Extension option at (edited by Jim_F).

Thank you,

Helen
TIDAL Support

X @TIDALSupport TIDAL FAQs support@tidal.com
vgy.me

Clicking “Confirm” twice gets it to stick, but is not really necessary, I don’t think.

1 Like

As the Original Poster just received this message:

1 Like

It’s for playing Tidal on Serato and similar DJ gear, they have a list of gear here:

https://tidal.com/djs

1 Like

It was this statement that had me wondering …

Subscribers previously enrolled in HiFi Plus who actively use TIDAL’s DJ integrations will automatically gain access to the DJ add-on, at $9 USD per month, without any change to their overall subscription cost.

After some more reading… this explanation seems more plausible…

I’ll still be keeping close eye on my account and billing.

2 Likes

It worked here. Disabled the DJ option. It is still turned off and I got charged the 10,99

1 Like

Same thing happened for me - seems I had the DJ extension selected. I switched it off, will see what happens next time I’m billed. Always read the small print…

I just turned it off , clicked Confirm , it shows my current payment as R 69.99 which is correct .

On going back to the subscription page the DJ Option has indeed defaulted back to ON , but the subscription cost shows (correctly) R 69.99. With DJ option greyed out. Reviewing my subscription I get this , which is correct

I am glad people spotted that one , it’s a bit cheeky

I will keep and eye on my CC account later in the month.

2 Likes

This is the second reply from Tidal, their first reply complete missed the point and advised me how to subscribe to the extension (AI at it’s finest, lots of info no context).

It’s odd they did this I can only assume they had a good reason, but it is what it is and the renewal fee is shown is correct. I will however, still be checking next bill due at the end of Month.

Oh, so looking at Tidal’s reply, are they saying the DJ extension automatically go away in the next billing cycle even without switching it off. If that’s the case, it’s just confusing. But I guess had issue with people being in high tier when the switch happened and had to come up with some solution.

I had my first billing after the price drop this weekend, the price charged was less the DJ extension, so here at least everything’s good (though I haven’t gone back to my account page to check if it’s actually been removed there).