Beatles - New Red & Blue

Where are the new Beatles Red & Blue albums? I have both Tidal and Quboz and they are not in Roon, even under the Tidal and Quboz portions. They are in both of my phone apps, but not in Roon.

1 Like

Are you talking about these?
Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 12.24.47 PM

Yes, the old versions are there, but not the ones released today.

1 Like

“released today” - the clue is there.

Take a look at the last section of the Help article for Qobuz (and it’s the same for Tidal)

Mine are showing

Ya I have Tidal and Qobuz and not showing up in Roon.

I wonder how many times Roon needs to explain this before people get it?

EDIT: I have never understood the need to receive new releases the first day they come out. What’s the difference if it takes a day or two or week or two? And, why would this be frustrating to anyone? I really don’t get it.

EDIT2: By the way, I’m really liking this new mix.

4 Likes

I wonder how many times they can keep remixing the Beatles albums - and people keep buying it.

8 Likes

Ya - same here. I’m in Australia. The Beatles Red n Blue have been available on Apple/Tidal et al for 36 hours. I can’t get them to show up in Roon just yet (have tried all the tricks, creating playlists, adding via native Tidal etc). Pretty frustrating.

Even after @Geoff_Coupe provided the link and stated it’s in the last section and relates to both Qobuz and to Tidal, people still complain and clearly don’t bother reading the links provided by a mod.

Sheesh. You want the moon on a stick… OK, here it is:

Why aren’t the latest albums on Qobuz available in Roon?

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass-through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated daily, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

When this happens you can add the new release directly in the Qobuz app. It will then appear in your Roon library.

1 Like

I can’t tell if you’re serious. The dynamic range indicator suggests this is something you purchased and downloaded. It never shows up for me on pure streaming titles.

I favorited both the Red and Blue Beatles remasters directly in TIDAL, and in Qobuz, 20 hours ago. They have yet to show up in Roon.

So much for, “When this happens you can add the new release directly in the Qobuz app. It will then appear in your Roon library.”

Apparently not. That said, this is the first time this has happened with any album, including brand new releases.

In the immortal words of Sir Paul, “How big do you have to be?”

Where are you? I’m in the Netherlands, and just favourited the two albums in the Qobuz app, synced Roon with my Qobuz (Settings > Services > Qobuz > Edit > Sync library now) and there they are…

Edit: ah - I see from @joel’s later post that what I am actually looking at are probably the earlier versions…

1 Like

Odd. Added 3 albums with the Qobuz app. The 2 Beatles ones and the latest album by Jean-Michel Jarre.

And after resyncing only Jarre’s album shows up in Roon.

Manually browsing through Roon’s the Beatles discography only shows the older versions of both albums.

And yes I did add the new versions in the Qobuz app. I am also in the Netherlands.

Everyone. This is a high profile Universal release and they tend to supply such releases and metadata to streaming services very late.

Unfortunately we’ve had a trippy whammy here.

1. Qobuz didn’t receive the info in time.
  2. TIDAL’s data export crashed. This is very unusual.
  3. Our overnight build crashed. This is unrelated and also very unusual.

I am now working (Saturday) to fix this, but if we still don’t have the data from the streaming services, there’s nothing we can do. I ask for your patience.

Thanks.

10 Likes

Three TIDAL versions and two Qobuz versions of these albums are now available for streaming in Roon.

6 Likes

Yes indeed, Jeff. :face_with_peeking_eye: But thank you for the “Synch library now” idea. I actually did look last night to see if I could manually jump-start that. But I must have missed this option.

As long as people keep buying them I guess :wink:

Personally my original vinyl copies are all I need.:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m in Australia too.

Here’s how to fix this - go to the Tidal App - Add both albums (click love heart)
Go to Roon app > Settings > Services > Click Tidal, click “Sync Library Now”
Give it 30 secs or so to sync, you should then see both albums appear in Recent Activity > Added in the Roon app.

Cheers for the reply Graeme - I actually tried this trick a couple of times, along with the playlist trick, but no dice.
Anyway, servers have synced now and I’ve got my red n blue, so all happy for now.
:smiley:

1 Like