Beginner questions

I have following questions on Roon

1. From an app, I can only select one room speakers. Is it possible to multi select from one app to stream on multiple devices?I need to use app on other device to stream to different room. So one app to stream per room needed

2. I want to listen music on my laptop. I don’t see Roon app for my windows laptop. How do I listen on my laptop?

3. I have lot of albums for Indian music mp3s. If same music is available on qobuz with high resolution how does it helps to stream high resolution music and ignore local mp3 file?

4. I have single license for qobuz. If I take family plan, does it stream gobuz on multiple at the same time?

5. I have lot of music in folder // tracks. Is it better to copy individually from album name?

Appreciate it.

@chinni I’m relatively new too, but I’ll try to help. The only way I’ve found to group speakers is with Chromecast-enabled devices they can be grouped together in the Google Home app. Then that group should appear as an option in Roon.

There is a Roon app for Windows. If your laptop is your Roon core, it should already be installed. In any case, once it is installed, the app will find your Roon core device at startup. Then in Settings → Audio there should be a section at the top called “My PC”. Choose and enable something there.

Not sure about the other issues you raise. I don’t think it really matters how your local music files are organized - I think when you point to the top-level folder in Settings → Storage, Roon does its own organization. Good luck!

1 Like
  1. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/zone
  2. Install and open Roon on the laptop, go to Settings > Audio. Enable the system output, the laptop output will be available as a Zone. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/audio-setup-basics
  3. If the tracks/albums are properly identified (as discussed yesterday), the different versions are grouped as versions of an album.
  4. Family plans are not supported, but Roon counts as a single client and with a regular Qobuz account you can stream to multiple zones simultaneously.
  5. I don’t understand the question (but see what I wrote yesterday about your 300GB of mp3)
5 Likes

This is not the only way, see the the Zones help page from my above post,

2 Likes

@Suedkiez Thanks!

1 Like

Roon works best when it can identify your music. Roon really likes when it can identify your music with an album. Roon does this in various ways, or you can just tell it but here are some reading so when you do import your music you give Roon the best chance of identifying it.