Best albums of 2021

I had dismissed these guys as generic post-rock folkatronica with BBC Radio 4 plunderphonics but it is actually very good. I can’t resist an analogue synth.

3 Likes

That’s enough to push me over the edge and add it up next :+1:

2 Likes

Pulling me with you…

2 Likes

I saw them pre pandemic live at part of the BBC Proms in The Albert Hall. Surprisingly good as a live act.
Curse myself for not forcing my way into a packed tent when they played Glastonbury.

1 Like

I need to find a band I can re-use that description for. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I saw them at Green Man in2018, they were great. I’d never heard them before but really enjoyed it-lots of film used to really added to it.

Here’s my ‘inpo’ 8th pick in my top ten. I hope to see these guys live one day.

2 Likes

9th album, inpo. She just delivers it on each release.

10th will be decided NYE.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Well the clock is striking midnight here in a couple of hours, signalling the end of 2021. So without further ado, and no real significant new releases to close out the year, here is my 10th pick of my favourite 2021 albums. She’s a legend and this does highlight her talent. Although sadly no live version of “As Tears Go By” included.

3 Likes

Only a couple of hours to go in 2021. It’s a coin toss, but this is it for me. I think…

5 Likes

Damn! I have to go favourite 11. Just received my Halsey/NIN t-shirt today and it triggered my memory of this gem.

2 Likes

I’ve added 3 of these to my Michael at Work profile-I’m always looking for stuff I can listen to while working. Needs to be ambient/jazz/classical/alternative with no lyrics otherwise I get sucked in!
Thanks for the recommendations!

Rhye - Home… love it!!!

TORA - A Force Majeure… from Byron Bay, Australia

3 Likes

2021 has been an interesting year for myself as I found Roon and rediscovered my love for music.

I have also made the move to purchasing music in a digital format. Buying music in the physical format is just too costly when it comes to postage to New Zealand.

My top 10 releases for 2021 are as follows:

I also made the following great discoveries of new artists (to me):

3 Likes

Great to have you here Greg, I can tell you I am entering my 4th year with Roon and I have bought more music every year in that time, both physical and digital. 2021 was probably my record Year ever for buying new albums.

Got to say though most of the music is new to me, I do :heart: that Actors album and have listened to it so many times already and it still gets better.

one or two more…

Chet Faker – Hotel Surrender… from Melbourne, Australia

Fat Freddys Drop - Wairunga… from Wellington, New Zealand

1 Like

Cannot believe my number 1 album was an instrumental album but here we are.

Modus wasn’t this year so next album is:

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637767997331764940
This was one of mine. It’s always hard to pick the best.

4 Likes

3 Likes