8Gb GSkill 2133 RAM
256Gb Samsung M.2 960 EVO
Gigabyte GTX-970 ITX
Corsair SF600 PSU
Deep Cool Captain 120 AIO

Music Files
6 TB HDD Western Digital Red
1 TB Samsung EVO 840 SSD

I keep it in an adjacent room on a shelf with the case off. I would definitely recommend an AIO cooler, my i7 came down from 70C (Noctua CPU air cooler) to 50C (Captain AIO) when upsampling Redbook to DSD512 in HQP with closed form filter.That is running at about 30% CPU with CUDA enabled. I would recommend a different AIO cooler than the Captain however, it has quite a high pump casing that makes everything a bit squeezy and would not fit but for the small size of the Corsair PSU. I think I could have gotten away with the lower wattage Corsair SF450 PSU, but I prefer to have too much power than not enough. The Elite case has enough room for push-pull fans around a 120mm AIO radiator, but the HDD on top presses down on the interior fan. This doesn’t really trouble me.

If you would like to minimise temperatures and noise then I would suggest holding off from hardware purchases until the next release of Roon (very soon). There is a pretty good chance you will see DSD 512 in Roon in that release. The Roon design goal is for an efficient implementation that can run on a wider set of hardware than HQP may require. I have seen screenshots of Roon upsampling to DSD 512 on a recent i5. However if you would like to ensure that you can use HQP and don’t mind an i7 then the above works well for me appropriately cooled.

Edit: You will need to buy a separate ATX/ITX bracket from Corsair to mount the PSU in the Elite case. Also I needed some longer M3 screws than those supplied by Deep Cool to mount a front push fan through the case into the AIO radiator.

Edit 2: Some screenshots showing the signal path and DSP Engine/HQP Settings, temperature and CPU load (CUDA enabled):