Best Practices / Settings for T2 w/ Roon?

Hi! I switched to Roon only some time ago and never thought to document my previous settings. They were changed from time to time, hobbled together from various posts and notes that I had read when I was operating in the “normal” mode.

We have a house sitter coming over and I’ll likely need to switch back to the normal operation mode, so they can use their Spotify and Tidal accounts while at staying at our home.

In what I hope makes it easier, I never used DSP or up-sampling. Greatly appreciate any advice or insights. Thx in advance!

I don’t use any DSP either in Roon or on my T2, which is connected via XLR to my amp. For MQA I use the T2 as both decode and render. No Roon Only mode, no Leedh, Lumin streaming off (don’t use Spotify or Airplay to it), Tidal Connect on.

Please disable unneeded services, e.g. Multi-Room and AirPlay “Lumin Streaming”.

Please disable Lumin re-sampling to Off.

If interested, you may try Roon DSP Engine upsampling to DSD512, see if you like it or not. In Roon DSP Engine settings enable Parallelize Sigma Delta Modulator.

1 Like