Best way to migrate to Nucleus after stumble

So, this is a different problem than the one described months ago. That one had, I think, a more serious effect of preventing Roon from “finding” the dCS NB. It could require a restart of the dCS. Had that one with my use of the MacMini. Interestingly I never experienced any cut off of the beginning track of a song when switching bitstream rates.

Right… because…

You had a 1s resync delay set on your Mac.

Actually I should have qualified my statement: prior to experiencing the problems with Roon-dCS “disconnect” and changing the Resync Delay fro 0 to 1000ms I never experienced the cutoff of first tracks when switching album/song bitstream rates. And the “disconnect” problem was both rare and therefore not consistent.

Been using the Nucleus for some more time. I’ve found that I had to bump up the Resync Delay to 3000ms to give the Berkeley DAC enough time to get locked for playing when bitrates change. Unlike my MacMini, the Nucleus is much quicker sending music downstream. It overtakes the DAC if I don’t tell Roon to wait long enough. I’m guessing this has already been experienced by others using ROCK on Intel NUCs.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Nucleus Specification and LPS Options