BETA Release 2024.01.90

Ok… I’ve tested it with grouped zones. What doe you mean with “the extenion can no longer find…”?
Can you select your grouped zone directly from the screen (press the ‘zone’ field)?

What have you entered in the webinterface? A single zone or a grouped zone?

Can you send me feedback?

Ah well… I admit it’s a bit of a nerdy thing. RoPieee’s kernel is already tuned and I’ve always followed the upstream development wrt RT and low-latency patches. Lowering latency in general is a good thing of course, so I applied some last config settings that just do that.

Does it bring anything wrt audio? I doubt it. If you’ve got a DAC with a proper USB implementation then I’m pretty sure it won’t make any differerence whatsoever.

I’ll tone it down a bit in the messaging when this goes to production.

Thanks

On 2024.01.90 (1340) [beta].
:+1:

• Hardware: Pi4
  • Network: ethernet
  • Audio: USB (UPNP, HQP NAA)
  • Display: No
  • Remote: N/A

Dear @spockfish, installed new beta (1341 on usbridge signature), but playing with mconnect some 96kHz plays a few seconds, than stop. Only 96kHz is affected. 192 all files plays ok. The same was with 1295, so I was using 1177, on which all 96kHz files works ok.
For example Qobuz - The Who Won’t get fooled again and Deep Purple Child in Time are affected.

Updated 3 pi4b’s.

1. With display but no hat or remote.

2. With display and DAC hat,

3. No display or hat, usb only with Flirc remote

All seem to play fine, but the extension for #3 does not appear, and the flirc does not operate

I sent some yesterday: f3fc25b0d16412ad

and just sent again now: 5b8c81af154a44de

thanks very much.

Ah, so it’s not just me :slight_smile:

Hi Harry,

I’ve done some more testing. It definitely seems like a small regression.

I have tested on two devices that are both Rpi4 with an SPI LCD (one official, one not).

• Study is running stable
  • Bedroom is running beta

In both cases the screen is set to show the local zone. When I group with Bedroom as master, the beta screen shows correctly and automatically updates zone name to Bedroom +1. When I group wtih Study as master, the beta extension shows an error.

In all cases the stable build shows the relevant zone +1 (or +2 etc if I’ve grouped even more zones)

my unit has now upgraded to RoPieeeXL 2024.01.90 (1340) [was: RoPieee 2024.01.90 (1338)]

no change to the FLIRC remote issue, however.

@spockfish Harry does this beta include the timing fixes you mentioned for multiple cores running in the environment? Where one has to re pair the zone extension

Updated to 2024.01.90 [1340].

:white_check_mark: Everything working as expected for me.

• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
  • Network: Wifi
  • Audio: USB
  • Remote: No

beta working well on a pi zero 2 w rev1.0
wifi
usb audio
no display, no remote
roon, plexamp, airplay 2

:white_check_mark:

Beta working fine in my simple setup:

Hardware: Pi 4 B rev. 1.4
Software: RoPieee non-XL
Network: Ethernet
Audio: USB
Display: No
Remote: No

One thing to notice, the Pi gets warmer now than with the current stable release.
Before: around 37 °C
Now: around 40°C idle, 42-43°C under load.

Of course, those values are nothing to worry about. Most likely the low-latency kernel is more demanding on the CPU and/or more logging going on in the background takes its toll on CPU temp.

THX to Harry for the ongoing effort with RoPieee, time for another donation!

Found it. Thanks.

Yeah I think this has narrowed it down. Basically, within Roon grouping’s feature, you can be ‘leader’ (you join other zones with the current active zone) and ‘follower’ (the zone is being added to another group). The problem is with being a ‘follower’.

Investigating as we speak…

2024.01.91 solved the Flirc problem

1 Like

FLIRC now working for me too [RoPieeeXL 2024.01.91 (1344)], once I enabled the extension, which is now visible again.

Thanks very much indeed.

1 Like

Oeps. Still in the middle of releasing the 2024.01.91, but good to read this fixed Flirc issue.

1 Like

RoPieeeXL 2024.01.90 (1339)
Everything is working as expected
• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
• Network: Ethernet
• Audio: I2S to DDDAC
• Audio: Hqplayer NAA Enabled
• Remote: No

1 Like