BETA Release 2024.02.1

Hi,

I’ve pushed out a new beta build that addresses the issues reported with the new extension:

• no volume control with OSMC and Flirc remotes
  • certains zones are not recognized

I want to release this patch version asap.

Thanks

4 Likes

Just did the update on my two RPi4s and also switched my RPi3B to beta as that is the only one I have with a remote control and display.

Can confirm all updates went well (the RPi3b had to reboot several times on it’s own to get all the updates). The volume control was not working on the RPi3B until it got to the the 2024.02.1 (1383) install. I had to put it in DSP volume mode, also, which is to be expected? correct?

Both RPi4s are on RoPieeeXL 2024.02.1 (1384) [beta]. Kernel version: 6.1.77-SPCKFSH-v8+
The RPi3B is on RoPieeeXL 2024.02.1 (1383) [beta]. Kernel version: 6.1.77-SPCKFSH-v7+

Unit 1

• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5
  • Network: ethernet
  • Audio: USB Inmotion Air
  • Display: No
  • Remote: no

Unit 2

• Audio: USB to Schiit Fulla/UE boom 2
  • Display: no
  • Remote: no

Unit 3

• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
  • Audio: digi+ pro hat optical and coax to KEF LS50W and Schiit Yggdrasil
  • Display: Yes
  • Remote: OSMC
1 Like

Looks all good to me.

:+1:

RoPieeeXL 2024.02.1 (1384)
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
Network: wired ethernet
Audio: USB DAC — Roon
Audio: USB DAC — Squeezelite
Display: no
Remote: Flirc

1 Like

Looks much better than the 2024.02.
Updated only one device with
RPi4
USB DAC
display
FLIRC

What’s not working (like in the 2024.02) is toggling between the display states.

Can someone with a Flirc verify this? I’m testing with an OSMC; and toggling display states works for me with this beta.

Thanks

2024.02.1 (1384)
pi4 model b rev 1.4
wifi
audio: allo digione spdif hat
no display, no remote
roon, plexamp, airplay2

looks like RoPieee updated to latest beta couple days ago, just started testing today …

(starting feb26 just before 11am)
connected successfully to plexamp, playback failed
next tried airplay, connected ok but no sound
looked at roon, allo digione device not found

seems like audio device wasn’t available or wasn’t released from whatever it had been doing before (i don’t recall playing anything prior to the sequence described above)

after restarting RoPieee, all apps now working as expected

send feedback just in case
a665b9082b80f3de

Hey Harry, sorry I didn’t see this notification until now. Have successfully upgraded and done some limited testing on both units with no issues.

Unit 1

• Network: LAN
  • Audio: IQaudio AMP+
  • Display: Yes (official)
  • Remote: No

Unit 2

• Network: Wifi (by necessity while renting)
  • Audio: USB
  • Display: Yes (unsupported Waveshare SPI)

Also, I saw the other thread about the NTP issue in 2024.01. Is there a way you can enable a “diagnostics page”, even if only in the betas, that lets us check the status of a bunch of things for you rather than submit feedback? That way when we post saying “it upgraded fine” we can actually do some specific checks against that page?

I dunno… I’ve been thinking about this in the past a few tiimes, but never went ahead because it’s a lot of work.

In general I’m happy with the beta testing. I also changed quite a lot in my build infrastructure, which also makes it possible to release (more) quickly. So I can imagine that we’ll see in the future more small (the .point release) releases to address certain issues, because we can test quickly in the beta channel and push it out.

Oh well… let’s wait and see how this develops.

But again my huge thanks to all of you!

3 Likes

I’d like to stay away as much as possible of adding stuff to an already running beta cycle (as with the 2024.02.1), but a recent regression with NTP is important enough to fix it.

So I’ve pushed out another beta release that addresses this - nothing else. I’ll ask the OP to test this beta as well and if everything is fine we’re going to release.

Thanks

I’ve to revert my statement:
Toggling the display is also working with FLIRC in 2024.02.1.

1 Like

I first tried 2024.02. Update went well but touch-display on mu Pi 4B didn’t display album etc.
I switched to the beta-channel en today I installed 2024.02.1 an hurraay - all works as I expected.

Don’t know if this helps but I thought I would just mention it. Oh yes, I only use the touch-display as display and don’t touch is :wink:

1 Like

just to confirm, the new build 1391 also fine for me.

1 Like

1391 all good for me too
(pi4, same setup and apps described 2 days ago)

1 Like

1390/1 all good on my three pis here, too.

1 Like

2024.02.1 (1388) [beta] good here.

1 Like

:+1:
RoPieeeXL 2024.02.1 (1390)
Everything is working as expected
• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
• Network: Wired Ethernet
• Audio: I2S to DDDAC
• Audio: Hqplayer NAA Enabled
• Display: No

1 Like

@spockfish can you include the new NAA v5 in this release? I ask because as per my other post, I believe that there is a regression in 2024.02 with respect to NAA performance. Updating NAA version, which apparently has better performance, might be a quick mitigation.

If I am posting this in the wrong place, please let me know the best avenue.