BETA Release RoPieee for Raspberry Pi 5

Is this the official Raspberry Pi touchscreen?

Yes, that is correct.

Hi

This is an ROADOM Raspberry Pi screen 10.1 " touchscreen IPS

Jim

ok. That’s the reason the screen isn’t working. On the Pi 5 the setup is a little bit more ‘picky’ about the hardware.

Touchscreens other then the official 7" have never been supported, but some of them actually worked on the Pi 4. That is not going to work on the Pi 5.

Thanks

My installation was completely trouble free. From MacBook Air to memory card. Found on network and set up RPi5 over Ethernet. Now running fine on wifi. USB Dac. No Hat. No services. No Screen. Roon running fine. Thank you.

1 Like

@spockfish On the RPI4, there are two USB2.0- and two USB3.0-connectors. Which one would be the best to connect your DAC to? The slower USB2.0 are the faster USB3.0? are both kind of ports better then those on the RPI3?
Kind regards, Frank.

Yes, they are. Which is not related to the ports specifically, but the infrastructure behind it.

In short: on the Pi3 the USB port(s) and the ethernet chip ‘share’ access to the CPU, which means they share bandwidth as well. Which in turn means that there’s a limit to what can be achieved. This issue is not a problem when you’re doing 44.1k stuff, but as soon as you go higher (and use an USB DAC) you can run into issues.

On the Pi 4 this fundamental architectural issue has been resolved.

Thanks

1 Like

@spockfish Thank you for the explanation.
And which one would you prefer on the RPI4? The USB2.0 or the USB3.0?
Kind regards, Frank.

If your dac has a USB2 connection (most of them) use USB2

1 Like

Thank you for Raspberry Pi 5 support! And RoPieee software! It has provided great flexibility in using ROON.

I’ve got the BETA installed and running.

But I have one gripe and it has tripped me up since I first started using RoPieee. When configuring Wireless I run SCAN and it finds my network. The password field is showing several dots making me think it is set. But it is not and I don’t fill in the correct password. I fall for that mistake every time I flash the card using a wired connection.

Please leave the password field blank when initially displayed.

Again, THANKS for RoPieee :grinning:

1 Like

This will be implemented in the next version.