Beyonce's EVERYTHING. I need!

Not that hard to get Qobuz Sublime in the US (I have it).

[comment moderated]

1 Like

I’ve moderated and removed a few comments. If someone is not happy with Roon, Tidal or other services, they are free to comment about quitting the service.

Please don’t attack the user if you don’t agree with them.

Cheers, Greg

2 Likes

Who is going to defend Mr. and Mrs. Carter though? I might just have a listen later and put a few more cents in those bulging coffers! Just out of spite! And if Mr. Carter’s last is anything to go by, I might even enjoy a few of the tracks. Mmmmmm!

2 Likes

I think it’s a pretty good album frankly.

1 Like

I can understand why the OP is concerned about how fast Roon can get programming like “The Carters” recent release up and running ASAP. The success of the programming depends on creating a desire in its audience to keep up with the narrative. Among many examples of media exploiting the power of serial programming is Dickens in the 19th century, Comic books, Soap Operas, and modern material such as Game of Thrones. Many find it fascinating to find out who is going to dis who and to what length these manufactured celebrities will go to brag about their accomplishments and wealth, and to what depths of pain and misery they will sink when the tides turn.

My preference is to listen to music on Roon (TIDAL). Music can mean different things to different people, but to me it is the manifestation of abstract thoughts that are poignantly expressed through melody, harmony, rhythm, and tonality. While language is part of vocal expression (singing), for me it is an adjunct quality. When the power of the music depends on the content of the lyrics over the tonality of the singing, it becomes less “musical” and more like story-telling. If I am looking for information, I prefer to read. If I am looking for transcendence, I find music compelling and imminently more satisfying. When it was recorded (or performed) and when it was released is inconsequential.

Well said Kevin. Plenty of us here appreciate Beyonce’s work too. Welcome.