Bit perfect usb output on Android

It’s being developed on as they have said.so, when it will arrive we do not know.

I’ll be sure to return in a year or so then…

+1 for this!
I’m forced to use UAPP but it’s lacking Roon’s beloved UX

3 Likes

Well UAPP has UPnP renderer option. Perhaps if you run the LMS to UPnP plug in on your network it might work. Going to give it a try and see.

Well what you know using the LMS2UPNP exe works. Cant control volume and you get no metadata on UAPP but it plays hires bitperfect.

Would like to bump this thread, plug my fiio into my Doid and was blown away that the ROon APP doesnt appear to support USB out? I hope I am missing something…

Your not it’s doesn’t it uses the standard Audio stack you will get sound just not bit perfect.

Android 10 release includes the following improvements for high-resolution audio :

• Float: WAV, FLAC codecs, and extractors are updated to support float (24+ bits of lossless precision). Downmix and Virtualizer effects are updated to float. Updated precision is allowed by MediaPlayer (NuPlayer).
  • High-frequency: WAV, FLAC codecs, and extractors are updated to support 192 kHz. The default Android supplied effects are tested for 192 kHz support at standard frequencies. The standard frequencies permitted are 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, and 192 kHz.
  • Multichannel: Default Android playback effects are tested for multichannel support to eight channels.
  • Timing: Timing information is included throughout the audio framework.

Many of us are equipped with Nvidia Shield TV. Let’s hope next SATV update will improve our experience with Roon.

1 Like

Guys … just use SB Player and use the andoid device as a Squeezebox endpoint. Hi res both with internal DAC and with USB dacs

But it is not bit perfect. You can set a high frequency but manually. MQA doesn’t work.
In any case, a good suggestion.

It does not change fs dynamically yes. But since you can stream hi-res to the DAC bypassing android resampling you can just set an upsample to 192kHz for ex which won’t cause a quality degradation unlike downsampling everything to 48kHZ like the Roon app does

Thats a matter of opinion not a given.

I doubt it will matter what happens Android side as long as Roon is currently hardcoded to resample to what the OS reports back. As the shield TV doesn’t have a DAC it’s It’s likely to be no different and will just set it to 48/24.

I use this Belkin adapter which enables charging and connecting an USB DAC at the same time

this was done, and the conversation continues here:

1 Like