Blues or Blues-based Rock

3 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted in this topic:

Edit: yes it has, but worth another mention!

6 Likes

Another new addition to the collection.
Excellent stuff :+1:

3 Likes

Cross posting but I figure it deserves it.

You dont normally associate Viv Campbell with the Blues but man what a delightful slab of blues he serves up here!

5 Likes

Played this for the first time in the car yesterday.
Never really heard of him before, but was very good piano blues (my genre thought).

4 Likes

I posted the album earlier, but learning the intro to La Grange for a Blues jam tonight, it has to be a candidate for greatest Blues-Rock recording of all time :slight_smile: .

9 Likes

Listened to that album in the car yesterday as well, it was 11 hours of driving :wink:
It is an excellent album

1 Like

Billy Gibbons playing multiple bars of just harmonics is legendary. Paul Reed Smith finds it one of the most inspirational songs, and the album made it to ”In My Bag” (if you know that YouTube series).

Early Billy Gibbons

3 Likes

8 Likes

for fans of the blues, I’d certainly recommend this album:

4 Likes

John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, among others -

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/y3ynXQ4.png

5 Likes

What moved me from Blues into Southern Rock

3 Likes

That man played some the most soulful blues-rock imaginable. Add the southern boogie and well, yeah.

1 Like

This is so very good.

4 Likes

Just discovered (by us) on Qobuz

7 Likes

”Eric Clapton originally wrote “Layla” as a ballad, but when Duane Allman composed the song’s signature riff, the song was recorded in its rock form with the help of producer Tom Dowd.”

1 Like

Discogs: Lex Bolderdijk | Diskographie | Discogs

Artist-Info: Lex Bolderdijk | ArtistInfo

The guitar is his instrument and with it he plays in the league of the greats and also covers them.

4 Likes

Bought this cd yesterday.

3 Likes

I began this thread and wanted to post the 500th response by recommending any of the autobiographies of Lynyrd Skynyrd. It is interesting, important and saddening that after the crash, accusations, counter accusations and concern for control and money have spanned these many years. Arguably the most bluesy of their music was Ballad of Curtis Lowe.

3 Likes