Bluesound Node 2 vs Denon Heos Link HS2

Not sure what you mean

Bill? Attached a screenshot

Click on the speaker icon down at the bottom left, and turn the volume all the way up. You’re getting the green light because it’s set at 75 instead of 100, and the Chromecast does that by applying internal DSP signal processing. Instead of controlling the volume that way, use the volume control on your amp to control the volume.

@jobseeker Agree with Paul about the Bluesound Node 2. It punches above its price point.

Nice one Bill, that’s worked! I didn’t know that or even notice it.
Thanks for your good advice :grinning::musical_score::guitar:

1 Like

Even though I said “bottom left” when I meant “bottom right”? :smile: Glad to hear it.

Left, right, centre…who cares…it worked! :grinning:

Excellent! Enjoy the Music Robert!

Thanks Daniel, will do! This community / Group really is first rate… Thanks to all from this Newbie​:sunglasses::+1:

This was a very helpful discussion - though I realize a couple years old. Seems this group would know a lot about my recent dilemma…

I have a Peachtree Nova 150 and have been using a HEOS Link (latest version) as a streamer for several months connected via COAX and an Apple TV (3rd Generation) connected via TosLink Optical to use Roon as a remote.

Peachtree has been promising WiFi upgrade to their customers for years and instead just supplied us all with a big discount on a new Bluesound Nova 2i - so I bought and it just arrived. Peachtree engineering suggests hooking the Bluesound Node 2i up via COAX to the Nova. However, that will use the DAC in the Nova and in theory be no better than using the HEOS I have now. Should I expect any difference?

What do you all suggest?

I can’t imagine you’ll see much difference. You could connect via the analog outs from the Node 2i to use the DAC in that, instead. Or do both, I suppose, so you could use either DAC.

I have set mine up both ways to constradt and compare

I just got a Topping E30. The Denon Link HS2 via S/PDIF coax won’t produce anything but 44.1 PCM. I thought running Tidal I would get better. Bummer.

I think I need a better streamer with my E30 to take full advantage. Suggestions?