Bluesound Node 2i vs. Hifiberry DAC Pro +

With the flint

but this are DACs…i have already one…yamaha a-s801

Did not know that. I thought it had the same options as the as 2100.hou want a streamer with roon or only a roon end point?

To be honest i think you wont win much for that budget. It’s just taste

which options from the a-s2100?

i need only a “bridge” which receives the files…(music) from my roon core (synology) to my yamaha a-s801…actually i’m using a rp with hifibarry dac+ pro…i’ve learned today…that the hifiberry dac is not used…since i have the dac in my yamaha…so i need basically only the allo digione…coax…

That it was just a amplifier with a phono stage…

allo digione is a great bang for the buck… but power supply is key

Experiment with cables and POWERSUPPLY is a big thing in digital domain

powersupply = ifi iPower 5V

I hope you will find what you are looking for. Good luck!

why not consider baby ambre? it’s similar price to digione and I’d be willing to guess sounds better. I have the Ambre and it’s great. you don’t need an extra power supply with the metrum.

hi jimmy

many thanks for the info. but…the metrum has a raspberrypi inside…i’ve read about a lindemann limetree network or bridge…or the pro-ject stream box s2 ultra

I have a Node 2i. The software is fantastic and it does sound nice. A/B comparing with my Bel Canto, it’s a little bright and energetic (probably because the analog outs are hot).

With the Node 2i, I find myself experiencing audio fatigue, after an hour or so, whereas I can listen with the Bel Canto forever. The Bel Canto sounds almost analog (I know that’s an over-used, subjective description). That’s my litmus test for a DAC - fatigue or lack thereof.

You might be right. Yesterday i did o long listening session. And had the same thing. The software is perfect, as a streamer it’s going to stay doe a while, but i am going to look for a good dac, maybe a Audio Note 2.1 dac

so it has a raspberrypi inside…is that a reason not to consider it?