Bluesound to Support Roon [Now Certified!]

Has anyone managed to download 2.10 BluOS yet - I just went on Bluesound website, downloads page, got link for new firmware emailed:

http://www.bluesound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/P300_usb_stick_2.10.0-1.zip

but get ‘Page Not Found’ when I try to access it.

1 Like

Not yet, though (I believe) their devices will either update themselves or indicate that there is a downloadable update available as the manual states the light will ‘pulse white’ when an update is available. Also, that link just sent me to the Blue support page though I am on an iPad…not at home and w/o access to a computer or my node 2.

I’m presuming the device will self-update due to the manual stating it will blink white when an update is available, though have yet to try it/check mine out…

My guess is that the downloads page on the Bluesound website has been updated but the files haven’t yet been loaded. If I check on the players (Node 2, Pulse Mini) then ‘Check for Upgrade’ option says nothing available.

Will just have to be patient … which is difficult given that Roon is SO, SO much better than the BluOS software!

My Node 2 is updating right now.

Upgrading now 10% into step 3 of 4.

Upgrading also (Node 2, Playbar, Mini, 2 x Flex) … we’ll soon find out if Roon can see them!

Update succesful and playing.

C’mon, give us a screenshot!

.sjb

Not decoding MQA

Playing 24bit 192KHz without a problem.

1 Like

Same for me, just get 48/24 for Tidal MQA.

It also says Uncertified in the Roon Audio Setup.

1 Like

Interesting that “bit perfect” is being indicated, yet the BluOS device is not seeing the stream as MQA?

I have an M32, and it is showing 48KHz as the sample rate for MQA sources - whereas when using the BluOS app it will show 96KHz or 192KHz. The higher sample rate is the only way to confirm that MQA is being unfolded on the M32.

Odd this wouldn’t have been picked up during testing? Or perhaps Tidal MQA came too late in the process? Still - it is GREAT to have Roon support!

DSF files are transcoded to 24bit 178.4 KHz.

The absence of MQA unfolding on BluOS devices may indicate that MQA decoding is actually being done in the BluOS app? That would be interesting, given that full MQA unfolding/decoding is device-specific (then again do all BluOS devices use the same DAC)?

Does this possibly mean the Roon 1.3 may do the same, at least for BluOS devices?

Updated and playing on my Bluesound Node 2 and Hegel H160 :slight_smile:

Congrats all you lucky Bluesound owners!!!

1 Like

Finally! :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about it – it will say Uncertified until 1.3 goes live…

1 Like

1.3 still on track for “end of January?” :grinning: