Bluesound to Support Roon [Now Certified!]

For many of the NAD components, there is a hardware adapter that fits into one of the NAD component’s adapter slots (modular design). There are many of these adapters (phone preamp, hdmi, etc.). One of the adapters is for BluOS. So it is a hardware/software solution that enables many of the NAD components to fully decode MQA. These devices are MQA certified meaning that they have been evaluated by MQA for full decoding.

Speaking of volume, is there a way to use an iPhone’s volume + and volume - buttons to control the volume of Bluesound components under Roon? The BluOS application does it.

I have a Gen 1 Node working with Roon. The digital out is limited to 96 kHz. I had to set the max. sample rate in the Node settings in Roon to 96 kHz otherwise 192 kHz an DSD content would not work (no sound).

It seems that the hardware buttons are only for controlling the Bluesound app. There is a noticeable delay of the software volume sliders on my 3 units (2x Pulse Gen1 and Node 2) in WLAN and LAN.

The Node 2 plays DSD after converting and downsampling to 176,4kHz without limiting. 176,4kHz native will but native 192kHz PCM will not played. So it seems, on Node 2 the max sample rate on the digi out is 176,4kHz.

Someone wants to sell me a Bluesound Power Node Gen 1. I am presuming that it can serve as a roon endpoint. If that is accurate, can someone point me to a place where I can find instructions for their integration, as I cannot find a Much Bluesound related material on this website? Thanks in advance.

No instructions needed: once set up, the Powernode will be visible under Settings > Audio immediately as a RoonReady device.

Thanks RBM…One more thing is that I would like to connect the node to my existing stereo system so that I can use my own DAC and power amps to process the sound, as opposed to using the amp on the Powernode, for example. Am Irfight to think that the Node would be better suited to my needs rather than the powernode?

Another way of framing the question is whether the powernode can be ever made to use external amps or DACs as opposed to its own native counterparts, which I find to be somewhat underwhelming for my needs.

I have a BLS Node (Node 1) and do use it as endpoint for MQA through Tidal. I am using the Node internal DAC and the analog out to my amplifier. At the moment there is a bug between roon and BLS in regard to MQA, but the fix has been identified and will come in one of the future updates.

The only way to use an external DAC with any BLS product is the Toslink option. It has its limitations, but works. Limitations are as far as I know the max samplerate throughput. Never tested it though.

For all other files outside MQA, like DSD I use a laptop directly connected to 2 other DAC’s.

I really would like to see BLS implement a USB DAC output.

As RBM mentioned. Hooking up the BLS Node or Power Node is easy as pie. Just connect it to the network and roon will detect it.

Personally I would go for a regular Node as opposed to the Powernode, although I do not know your full set up. Especically since you already mention to preferably not use the internal amp. Seems like a waste of money in that case, unless you get a super deal. The Power Node is excellent for small speakers, but has not enough grunt to go big. It was also not designed for that.

Yes, a Node will be a better fit if you are using your own DAC and amps. The Node 2 offers S/PDIF out (optical and coaxial) – no USB though.

Finally, after waiting more than a year, my NAD C390DD supports MQA through Roon.