BluOS zone becomes unavailable to Roon?

I am new to BluOS and have some Nodes running a home audio system. Sometimes the BluOS endpoints are going “missing” from Roon.

My Roon core has been crashing (another story) and so I have sometimes used the BluOS app to play music. Let’s say I have zones A,B, and C. I start on A, and group B and C. I play the music for a while and stop. When I later go to Roon, those grouped zones are not available to Roon, not showing up. Then I ungroup in BluOS and B and C show up, but A still does not reappear even if I am not actively playing.

Does anyone know why/how BluOS is reserving or blocking the endpoint (Node) from Roon and more importantly how to release it?

What firmware you on? They broke Roon being seen way back in March last year in an update took them ages to sort it out. If you’re on the latest then not sure what it will be unless they broke it again. BluOs doesn’t lock anything Roon should just work. Anything else change network wise are these running wirlesss or wired?

All are wired. It’s not like the zones never work, it’s only after using the BluOS app directly. The app announced a new version (4.0?) which might be relevant. I haven’t checked the firmware version, will look.

I found my exact problem described in 2017!

1 Like

In BluOS I re-grouped and the former primary zone showed up in Roon, but the new primary zone in BluOS disappeared from Roon. Something from BluOS blocks Roon from locating the primary zone from a BluOS group

I am sorry to say, but I think BluOS is not fully compatible with Roon anymore. - the best you can do is to try bug Roon and Bluesound or try to refund the device.

I have had issues with Bluesound-devices in the past (before 2020) and last year I bought 4x NAD CI580v2 Streamers, that has plenty of issues.

Sadly Bluesound does not seem to care too much… They don’t really acknowledge that there’s issues with Roon, and they have no time plan to fix it. In a lengthy mail dialogue with someone at their support, I finally before Christmas got a response that “they’ve been able to reproduce the issue” but then that thread went radio silent.

I have tried poking them, but they just say it’s still in the works, but getting no time frame or response for when it will be resolved.

In my case the issue is that the streamers goes out of sync with other devices, and also at times just dissapear similarly like you describe. They also can hang completely at times… :slight_smile:

My guess is that they are aware that they are in big trouble, and instad of being honest about it, potentially having to refund LOADS of hardware… they try to ignore it, wishing for the best.

It’s a big marketing scam from Bluesound/NAD at this point… I wish Roon put pressure on NAD/Bluesound about this, or remove the Roon Ready certification, because many customers buy these devices in the belief it will work, just to end up in endless support threads with their support.

in my case they managed to get me to actually replace my network… twice… :smiley: as they blamed my networking… In the end, now I have a fully wired ethernet setup and I know it’s stable because EVERYTHING but these devices works…

1 Like

Same type of issue. ROON Nucleus finds Node but not Plus speakers. After 45 days Bluesound responded that since Bluos app works “finding”, 4 speakers, the problem is ROON and eero 6 mesh network (wired). Will attempt eero network support when i return to location (different state) at end of Feb. 2024.