Box Set Issue - Help Needed

here an example of what I´m looking for atm
“E:\EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER\EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER - Out Of This World - Live [1970-1997] (2021)\CD3\CD 01\01 Introductory Fanfare.mp3”
Prob is the fact, cd 3 and cd 5 are 2 cd´s…
renaming in cd1-cd7 doesn´t help…

Rather than leave your post in a six-year old thread, I’ve moved it into a thread of its own. Perhaps you could also expand on what precisely the issue is and what it is you are trying to achieve. Thanks.

I note that the release in Qobuz is not split into CDs (and Roon does not use nested CD numbers as you have it in your library). Perhaps if you were to put all the tracks into a single folder and use the track names as shown in Qobuz, Roon might have better luck in identifying the album?

Roon prefers them in one folder although I have some of my older ones in disc folders and they work but each disc needs to have the disc number of the series of discs in the metadata. Ensue I add this for all mulitdisc sets.

no chance, cause no streaming…

it usually works if I rename the CDs to CD 01, CD 02, …prefer this, cause it´s easyer as renaming each file (song)

Doesn’t matter if you don’t subscribe to a streaming service.

I’ve just bought the album (from Qobuz, as it happens) and it is downloaded as a single folder of tracks. I’ve copied the download across to my Roon Watched Folder and voilà - it’s there and completely identified by Roon…

I remember, found it in my collection as one folder and splitted it manual to seperate CD´s, maybe the reason!
but I see, there are different versions, there is one with 26 titles as one CD, another (the one I´m talking of, has 5(7) CD´s

thx for creating this…

I think part of the issue is that this box set is not on musicbrainz. Only a 26 track digital release is included. See here Emerson, Lake & Palmer - MusicBrainz

If you add your release to musicbrainz then Roon will pick it up a couple of days later and should then recognise the box set in your collection

2 Likes

done 4hrs ago

1 Like

You don’t have to rename the songs just use mp3tag to add the correct cd number of the box set to each disc. Doesn’t take long.

2 Likes

tryed it, bad result
this set seems to be unknown, same with songkong