Box Set Metadata is problematic

I’ve purchased a von Karajan 5 disc box. When I rip the discs using DBpoweramp to NAS I cannot get coherent result in Roon, I think bc of the funky metadata. How can I rip this content and ensure it shows up as Disc 1-5 in a single location?

Try this: FAQ: How can I ensure multi disc sets and box sets are identified properly?
Additionally: Try to avoid ripping directly to a Roon watched folder. Prepare the data elsewhere and copy the complete set after finishing the ripping process.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll check it out

Hi there I have this exact problem with all my box sets of classical music. I rip to a separate folder on my Mac before copying to my NUC solid state drive. I check all the metadata tags on DB Poweramp so they are coherent and ROON reorganises the 10 disc collection into 4 different folders! Any advice on using editing features in ROON to rectify are welcome

Edit outside of Roon, remove from Roon Watched folder while editing

Try

Make Album tag same for all CD
Make a master folder “My box set”
Make each CD a sub folder just CD1 etc no additional text

Drop into Watched Folder - Report back

Read and follow the guide already posted in this thread. You have not given any actual example, so it’s hard to know what’s going on for anyone who’s willing to help you. Post screenshots of all the relevant points (Roon screens, files in folder, file metadata, …).

PS: There are no folders in current Roon. So hard to guess what you’re issue might be.

1 Like