Braille Institute Font

I don’t find the difference quite so dramatic, but you’re right, it is easier to read the sample on the right. In my case, the improvement doesn’t warrant the change - I prefer the look of the font on the left - but I can see that it would be a useful option to have.

Some years ago I did receive several copies of the same newspaper but with slightly different fonts and spacing. That was the final customer test after they have studied on the subject for years. While the differences seemed subtle it started to make quite some difference during reading the whole paper. All their effort resulted in being one of the fastest readable newspaper on the planet.

The left font looks nicer and I can understand that a graphic designer would prefer it but most newspaper designers would choose the right font I guess. So, the question raises what is more important in Roon, to look prettiest or to be best readable?

I know this is all not such a big deal since we are able to change it into what we like most but I still have some hope that all this effort in theming eventually leads to an official third theme with best readability in mind.

It terms of marketing the product, I suspect it’s the former, but that doesn’t preclude them from offering the latter as an option. So I’m with you on this one, a more legible option (and that would probably include a higher contrast theme than the stock light theme) would be a good idea.