Brain overload - new setup - need best repro from what I have

Hi Keith,

Yes. I installed Roon on Server 2012R2 with AO optimisation without any domain malarkey.

I found this thread by Dan Shore very helpful when working through things. If your LAN drivers are ok then you can ignore all the LAN stuff.

You should also read the AO manual carefully.

The main distinctions between AO and a conventional install are:

Following the steps in the above thread and the AO manual can get you to a minimal server installation. I wasn’t able to get it to a Core installation (different use of the word from a Roon Core). I am happy with minimal server because I find it easier to RDP in than configure through a terminal window (especially with HQ Player).

I attempted to write a step through procedure for Server2012R2, AO and Roon. It was really based on Dan’s post above and the manual, but if I can find it, I’ll post it here.

I will be moving away from 2012R2 and AO once RoonServer for Linux is released. I think Linux can be more minimal than Windows Server even with AO and my Server 2012R2 free six month licence is only good for another 30 days or so. At this stage I’m betting I will be able to move to Linux before it expires !