Brooklyn Bridge firmware update to 1.51

Any upgrade offer for current Brooklyn DAC+ owners?

1 Like

We always had and we will continue to offer the option to upgrade from any Brooklyn to equivalent Manhattan, now any Brooklyn can be upgraded to Manhattan Bridge which will be released after BBridge. We will credit you the full retail price of the Brooklyn with a trade in towards Manhattan (or Empire) as long as you are the first original owner.

2 Likes

We are also offering similar upgrade from Manhattan DAC II to Empire and from any Brooklyn to Empire as well.

1 Like

Hi Michal

any chance that you bring a Brooklyn Bridge II ROON without the Roon Core for those folks already owning a Roon Nucleus? To go for the Bridge II doesn’t make sense for so many of us. However, your Brooklyn DAC+ with the Roon Nucleus was a great Combo.

Kind regards
Stefan

If you have a Brooklyn bridge you already own one… if you don’t, I’m sure there a few discontinued bridges out there somewhere.

However, your Brooklyn DAC+ with the Roon Nucleus was a great Combo.

We are soon shipping Liberty DAC II which is a great sounding DAC and will do the above very well with comparable sound quality

1 Like

Are the DACs/amps different between the 2 models? I don’t need the Roon Core capabilities in my setup. Is there a reason to upgrade in this scenario?

No. If you already have a bb and a core you’re wasting you money on a bbII.

Does the liberty 2 act as a roon endpoint though?
I guess not, so if you’ve a good core and are looking for a balanced XLR DAC headphone amp and streamer (with no core) which the BB was, there’s no replacement single box?

But should you buy one if it’s on 1.51?
And if it dies, will HEM be able to refund you or replace it if Mytek Kosha has put an end to their venture.
It’s been on my wish list for years and now I’m soo glad I was outbid on eBay a few weeks back.

Just buy a bridge if you want a bridge. There are still a few around. Just not from mytek directly.

Who cares if it’s on 1.51. Downgrade it.

Half of the equipment I have can’t be replaced. Who cares, enjoy it. My house could get struck by lightning, a tree could fall, a pipe could burst. All my equipment could be ruined just like that! I’m not going to be able to replace a lot of it. And when/if I do I’ll find something to fit the bill… next time I’ll go more towards r2r or something I can bypass oversampling all together.

It’s like having a limited production car over 10 years old, oem becomes hard to find. Same thing happens with electronics but seems to happen at a quicker rate. Mercedes is not dead yet and I have one that half the parts seem to be unobtainium! They don’t exist anymore. And if they do it’s really expensive. Last I checked it was 2,500 for the air intake duct that isn’t made anymore. Oh well. I hope it doesn’t break. :roll_eyes:

The more I think about this crap the more I see it as empty happiness. When I die no one is going to give 3 craps about my audio equipment or my music collection, or if I kept the original box and packaging. I guess what I’m saying is if you want to buy a bridge, buy one. If you buy the latest greatest bbII now, in 2 or 3 years time mytek will be telling you to buy the bbIII and that they won’t support the bbII for whatever sounds good reason. It’s a vicious circle.

Good luck.

3 Likes

It can if you hook a usb cable to it and use either a computer or network audio interface like a SOTM SMS200 or such. That’s what I did with my liberty before upgrading to a B DAC+. I have a Roon Rock and use the SOTM as an endpoint.

1 Like

v1.51 / 2021-02-15 needs firmware v.3.7.52 or above in network module

• automatic downgrade disabled

Are you saying that it is possible to downgrade a Brooklyn Bridge from 1.51 to 1.44… ‘manually’?

Automatic is the key word.
There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

I think the PC tool (which you can download from their website) can update the firmware. You can get the tool and the firmware file from the Mytek USA website and give it a try.

Or downgrade…
:shushing_face:

I spoke to Mytek about my BB which is still under warranty and they said that the only way around it would be to have the unit replaced by them with a new one. If it was as easy as you suggest, I would have thought they’d have mentioned it.

Sure they did. It looks good for the lawsuit.

So we all bought a roon ready Mytek Brooklyn Bridge with a 2 year warranty. Some crazy software pirates in Poland successfully hijacked our equipment and locked out future updates in the middle of our warranty period. And you guys are lining up with $1500 to get a new model? This doesn’t pass the red face test. Not mine. I did not buy a roon ready player for part of my warranty period. We are all just one Roon update away from a DAC+. A more equitable solution would be a $1,000 refund for the converse streamer that can’t be serviced. Or, a trade with $500 in to cover the difference in price of the two models. Somebody has to take this on the chin, why us? Come on @michal_jurewicz1, you can’t do better than this?

1 Like