Brooklyn Bridge firmware update to 1.51

I am on 1.44 and I am able to access input sources from the front panel. I don’t think 1.5x was responsible for this.

Unless I missed it, in 1.44 you had to go into the menu by pressing the dial, then select “Input” and rotate the dial to select your choice. In 1.51 you don’t need to do any of this - from the main screen, the two buttons on the left of the panel rotate through the input choices.

I guess that the implicit assumption is that the manufacturer would alert Roon of a firmware update and allow for some sort of review or testing to occur in order to maintain certification. In this case, HEM bypassed Roon entirely with this update.

It appears they bypassed Roon and Michal at Mytek USA, who told me he can’t do a firmware update on a discontinued product.

So from my take from what Michal said, the Brooklyn Bridge not supported. If you want anything more from it you won’t get it from him. He did pitch to me to check out the new Brooklyn Bridge II that he was releasing soon. Nice pitch. I may have taken it the wrong way but I feel like it was a big F* you. Thanks for buying the product. Best reguards.

It appears Mytek US has left us stranded.

I thought Mytek was Mytek, but I just learned recently, as it seems most people here have as well Mytek US and Mytek Europe are at war… at any rate, Mytek Europe (HEM), tells me there doesn’t seem to be a reason why any of the Brooklyn DACs shouldn’t support DSD256x48. If he can provide me with a solution to being able to set HQPlayer to Auto family rate upsample anything I throw at it from any filter to DSD256, whether it be 44.1 or 48k source, he has my vote. Supported or not.

And I thought jailbreaking was just for iDevices… I feel like I’m crossing the jailbreaking line with my DAC!

Further clarification: HEM Electronics was Mytek contract manufacturer and they also developed firmware for us and were representing us in the European Union. In 2018 , the owner Marcin Hamerla decided to register Mytek trademark in EU without our permission. It’s explicitly prohibited by EU law for a representative to register the trademark of the Company they represent and MH did just this with intention to wrestle Mytek business in Europe from us in the manner they are doing it now: claiming they are Mytek, setting up a fake mytek-europe website that is 1:1 copy of our old website and now messing with Mytek clients claiming they can help you or sell you a piece of gear. HEM was a “contract manufacturer”. Similarly, as Foxconn is not Apple, neither HEM is Mytek. All IP, copyright software, designs brand, logos etc were and continue to be Mytek property. We have filed legal proceedings with aim to shut HEM’s Mytek activity by summer. We have no idea why HEM is doing all this (instead of negotiating with us) and what exactly Marcin Hamerla is trying to accomplish now, but this will be shut down. If you need real help from real Mytek and the path forward towards new Mytek products that are actually Roon based and are NOT made by HEM, please talk to us. We will focus on maintaining the support through our tech support system and also the new Mytek Audio Community facebook page: Facebook Groups. Please sign up there and please follow me there for more details on the future of Brooklyn Bridge outside of HEM. Sincerely, Michal Jurewicz, Mytek Founder and President

I was told by you to stay tuned for your new Brooklyn bridge II and you can’t supply any future firmware for the Brooklyn Bridge. Is there an alter future you speak of cause you pretty much told me the Brooklyn bridge I own has no future.

Thanks. I think. :thinking:

1 Like

As a Mytek customer and owner of Mytek BB, this is exactly how I feel!!! Totally disgusted by the lack of concern and future support/development on a DAC that was not cheap and only purchased last year. EOL, are you kidding me???

Here is a suggestion, offer the current owners of the BB a discount on purchasing the new BB II…

1 Like

Mytek has supported our customers for 30 years and will continue to do so. Mytek products sound great and are well designed and tend to have lifetimes beyond that of other electronics. We have recording studios which still use 8X96adc and dac designed in 1998. We always offered an upgrade path forward, especially on more expensive products. Either through upgrades, or trade ins and special care for loyal customer. I already mentioned we will do the same with Brooklyn Bridge II. Yes, Brooklyn Bridge (1) will not have new functionality, but with firmware 1.44 does what we promise it’ll do when you bought BB. If you expect a future functionality beyond this, the Brooklyn Bridge II will be the way to go. We will announce the details of the trade in upgrade program when we are closer to the release date (May/June). We announced the change in business with HEM on Nov 1 , 2020. Generally all Mytek products bought via HEM until the Dec 31, 2020 are considered legitimate. Anything purchased via HEM or a HEM dealer (in Europe) after that is considered legally counterfeit and cannot not be supported by Mytek. If you unwillingly did buy it then, please contact us for advice and resolution.

Sincerely, Michal at Mytek

Michal,

Thank you for the reply and restored confidence. Yes, the BB performs flawlessly and meets all my expectations. I happy to hear there will be an upgrade path to the BB II and will probably take advantage of the trade-in program and make a purchase, thanks again for the reply/update.

Will there be an upgrade program also for Manhattan II to the new Manhattan III/Bridge?

I emailed Mytek as instructed about my unit getting 1.51 through what seemed to be an officially provided update via the units own update process. I have had zero reply.

Hi Paul. Was is > techsupport//aatt//mytek.audio ? I checked, we haven’t gotten anything from you, it seems. Can you try again?

Thnx M

Done and reply received

Yes, we want to offer something like this as well. We always had an option of trading in any Brooklyn (DAC, DAC+, BBridge) towards a purchase of Manhattan and this will remain. There will also be an option of Manhattan DAC > Manhattan Bridge upgrade to be announced when we are closer to shipping.

1 Like

Did they recommend that you downgrade to 1.44? offered a mechanism to do so? I have to say, I’m perfectly happy on 1.51, not seeing a compelling reason to downgrade…

I see no compelling reason to trade in and spend even more money on a dac that is only going to get me a roon core, which I already have, an updated display and most likely the same dac that was in the previous mytek products with a rebadged main board sn and version that has the letters H E M removed.

Hello Brooklyn Bridge owners:

We just announced the formal upgrade path to Brooklyn Bridge II, I hope this is welcome news, Regards, MJ:

The brand new Brooklyn Bridge II is a completely redesigned version of Brooklyn Bridge, now based on a brand new RoonOS/MytekOS Platform, originally developed for Mytek Empire Streamer and now applied to the rest of the line of Mytek Streamer DACs. In addition to hugely expanded Roon/Wifi based UI, hardware improvements such as oversized linear power supply and dual mono chipset DAC design result in further improvement in sound quality.

Brooklyn Bridge I (original) has been discontinued and no further firmware development beyond V1.44 will be conducted. All existing Brooklyn Bridge features will remain functional, however no new features will be added.

Mytek has now extended an upgrade offer to current Brooklyn Bridge original owners: Brooklyn Bridge (original) can be traded towards a brand new Brooklyn Bridge II when it becomes available by June 2021 by requesting the upgrade directly with Mytek Audio.

Customers who purchased new Brooklyn Bridge (original) between July 1, 2020 and Dec 31, 2020 will be able to obtain Brooklyn Bridge II with a trade in of Brooklyn Bridge (original) + payment of $/€995 .

Customers who purchased BB prior to July 1, 2020 will be able to trade in with payment of $/€1495.

Upgrade requests should be emailed to rma.aatt.mytek.audio. Customers who purchased the original Brooklyn Bridge in 2021 should email rma.aatt.mytek.audio to verify the eligibility.

Michal,
This is great news. Can you confirm the email address? Google is rejecting the one listed above.

Please replace .aatt. with @

Now I feel stupid for not seeing it. Thanks Michal!