Audiophilleo playback issues

I have a very similar issue @john. I have a Bryston BDA-1 and am connected via an Audiophilleo. Have been playing all OK then suddenly the same issue as described by others started to occur. Now I cannot play anything. If I swap over to my Denafrips using the same cable and audiophilleo then it behaves in the same manner. If I go straight to USB on the Denafrips all works OK. The BDA-1 will not play direct via USB.
Where are the investigations at?
Thanks.

Hello @Mark_Stewart,

I moved your post into its own thread to best keep things organized. The issue reported in the previous thread was limited to the Bryston BDA-3 when connected to Bryston BDP-x Roon Ready network bridges.

We are not aware of any issues with recent updates to Roon causing failures when playing to USB DACs. Given that we do not have this device in our QA lab or in our Roon Tested program, I recommend reaching out to the Audiophilleo support team for further support as they will be in the best position to determine what is causing this behavior to occur.

-John

Thanks John.
I may not have given sufficient info - the skipping problem occurs ONLY with Roon. It does not occur with Pure Music, Audirvana, Media Center, VLC or iTunes.
On a very cursory search there are at least 8 other posts with this issue using various hardware and software configurations - this issue is most definitely not limited to Audiophilleo usage. Regardless, I have queried Audiophilleo as you requested and am waiting a reply.
My other query was the lack of recognition by Roon of any Bryston DAC and how to address it with a BDA-1 in particular.

Thanks.

OOPS! I meant to include @john in my previous post.

Hello @Mark_Stewart,

You shouldn’t need to tag me directly for future, I apologize for the delay in my response.

The extra context is helpful in diagnosing what’s going on here, so I appreciate your effort in describing the situation.

I’m going to enable diagnostics on your account, this should result in the Roon Core uploading a set of diagnostic logs once it contacts the support servers during it’s periodic check-in. It would also be useful if you could let us know the next time you encounter this behavior and tell us the time that it occurred + the song that was playing when you witnessed the crash so we can grab another set of logs around the failure.

Regarding the “recognition” of the DAC, the Bryston BDA is not a part of our Roon Tested program and thus will not have a device icon in the Roon application. Roon will still optimize the settings for the DAC to the best of its abilities. If you would like to change the icon for the device, you can now select from a number of new icons in the “Zone Settings” screen for the zone. These can be accessed by clicking the Volume button in the bottom right hand corner of the app and then clicking the “Gears” icon.

-John

Hi John. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been away. I have also decided to
upgrade my system including a new DAC, USB to Regen and am trialling a Roon Nucleuss, so if the issue reappears with the setup I end up with I will get back to you.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @john further to the above and FYI, I have a reply from my query to Audiophilleo:
"Hi Mark.Having looked at this issue previously, I believe Roon has a bug which is caused by the fact that the Audiophilleo supports 16 bit audio only for 44 and 48 KHz, while supporting 24 bit audio for all sample rates. The AP2 has no control over skipping to the next song. It forwards what it is being given to the SPDIF output. So this skipping is due to an internal error in Roon.

Mark

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.