Bryston BDP1 randomly stops playing, and disappears as roon-device

Running the latest firmware on the BDP1 (S2.42) and on my Roon Core, the BDP1 occasionally stops playing because it looses connection to the RoonCore. All other devices stay connected. I don’t know what triggers this behaviours. Sometimes it plays for hours and hours without any issue, and on thee occassions it looses connection and needs to be rebooted to get going again. Anyone experiencing simular behaviour on the BDP1.

BDP-1s are built like tanks but are quirky. I have two of them. This happens to me regularly. I’ve pretty much relegated them for use with DLNA Audirvana or MPD local. My Sonore microrendu used to drop in and out but has been holding lately. Try reloading the BDP with the current firmware. That has been known to help for a while. It seems like it loses the handshake. After a couple of hours, the screen often goes blank but usually the player keeps playing.

That’s exactly what happens here as well. Blank displays, or frozen display and controls are also on the list, especially on longer sessions. I try the trick on reloading the software, but if I remember correctly I already tried that some time ago. Any experience with other/better CF cards?

I changed the CF card on one of them. Bryston sells them. The CF card fixed a database corruption problem I had. I also had to disassemble my first one (bought 2011/2012) and clean connections twice. You just need a small Torx to get and remove the cover. The serial cables get loose / corroded and need to be unplugged/replugged. There’s an error code that displays. Fortunately, Bryston has online tech guides to follow. At nine years old I guess I shouldn’t complain either. My second one that I bought that was a dealer return has been more reliable, but it still checks out of Roon. It’s much more stable as a MPD player or DLNA renderer…I don’t use them all that much, mostly when I feel like using Audirvana.