Buchardt Audio A500

It says Tidal Connect will be available in Q2 on another page - just in case you were expecting in sooner.

The website was saying such stuff since I got the A500ā€™s in August ā€¦ Then it was coming soon now it says 2021ā€¦ In of these threads, MADS has also said the ROON Ready was just around the cornerā€¦ :slight_smile:

Question to those who already have these speakers. Have you tried the different master tunings? The idea seems really cool. Would be nice to hear some real world experiences.

My speakers are currently in a temp place, Iā€™m moving to a new location next weekā€¦ The speakers are almost next to me like 4 - 5 feet away, I changed the default to nearfield tuning, the difference is amazing. Also, I use only XLR input which does not use the room correction. With the nearfield the BASS is punchier from where I sit all the time in front of my WFH setup. I will try the default & the +2 treble tuning once I move to the new place next weekā€¦ Below is my current temp setup, the pic is taken from where I sit.

2 Likes

Team,

Can anyone please confirn if the A500 HUB support 24bit/95KHz Airplay?

Regards,
Tushar.

Hello

If I already own a vega g2.1 streamer/dac/preamp, is there any point to buy the HUB with A500 (or A700)?

With HUB, there is DSP that seems a great feature.
With vega g2.1, higher resolution files could be read. Maybe better dac as well?
Any other pros or cons?
What about hub stability?
Sound quality?

Thanks for your thoughts

Enjoy music

Airplay doesnā€™t go past 44.1/16 on any device currently.

1 Like

Donā€™t get the HUB absolutely unstable, SW development very slow at fixing issuesā€¦Iā€™ve one packed and donā€™t use it anymore, moved to a Naim Uniti Atom HE.
The HUB gives you max (wireless) 96/24, room correction capacityā€¦if you go XLR directly, you lose the room correction, but you get 192/24ā€¦I think thatā€™s allā€¦

Thanks for your advice Renato.
Do you think there is any difference using the DAC of your Naim equipment? By the way is Buchardt DAC in the speaker or in the hub?

If you are talking about sound quality, I really donā€™t do A/B testing, thereā€™s too many variables in my opinion to comment on thatā€¦all I can say is, with the HUB I hardly listen to music, constantly fighting with drop outs and bugs (waiting for Roon Ready, etc)ā€¦Iā€™m very happy with the NAIM, it just works system, amazing sound, amazing integration with Roon and excellent Headphones system as wellā€¦

The DACā€™s are in the speakers, you can still play with the Master tunningā€™sā€¦but you lose room correction, that feature belongs to the HUBā€¦

1 Like