Build 94 HQ Player connection problems [SOLVED]

I am also experiencing stop/disconnect issue. When Roon is in radio mode it usually plays for a while but if I add a song to the queue or change song it just stops playing.

I have Roon core on iMac, El Capitan, HQPlayer on the same machine, sms-100 as NAA, Roon Remote on iPad pro.

Please fix this issue that prevents me to enjoy my music listening experience!

Simone

A fix to disconnection issues is in the works and looking good.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian… If you need another alpha just let me know.

@brian. In case you didn’t see my earlier post, this is new to build 94.

After some testing of more albums this re-sync going from track 1 to 2 is happening for all PCM 16 & 24bit albums, therefore having the biggest effect on gapless playback. Going from 2 to 3 and so on is fine and keeps the stream.

Settings: poly-sinc-mp / ADSD7 / DSD128

@andybob. Thank you. Your support and responsiveness is really cool.

A lot has changed between 94 and the current alpha build (basically, a week of iteration on this issue). I just re-tested this case on the latest alpha build, and I’m not able to reproduce a gap at that point.

1 Like

Timeline for release of the alpha?

PS - I use the integration daily, so would be happy to participate in future alpha testing if you need a larger group :slight_smile:

Still doesn’t work. Roon and HQPlayer integration leaves you with NOTHING. Play three songs and then reboot ROON. Build 94 doesn’t solve anything. WE (the community) need to hear from RoonLabs and HQPlayer about the solution. I made a very deliberate choice to go down this path instead of JRiver, and now I have a player that doesn’t play!

What is being done to get this solved? This is a very expensive software “solution” that doens’t play

Please read this thread. There has been daily exchanges and troubleshooting going on constantly since build 94 went out, and as of a few days ago, we have a build in alpha and signs of significant progress. It would be difficult to argue that this is being ignored.

Also, you shouldn’t have to reboot Roon at all. For most part, the break link in volume control fixes most problems. And if anything, just reboot HQPlayer. But as mentioned, there should be a new build out shortly to fix all of this.

Hi John,

The devs don’t usually give timelines for build releases because the quality control procedures associated with release are iterative. Sometimes an unforeseen consequence requires another cycle of testing etc. etc. This means that any new build is in two states of readiness for release: “Not Yet” or “Now”.

Having said that, in my experience builds have been released within 36 hours to 21 days after testing has started. Maintenance and bugfix builds are all towards the lower end of that scale with major releases towards the upper end (they have more to test and check).

I know they are keen to get this new build out but, like any build, they won’t release it unless they have checked that it doesn’t create more problems than it solves.

I understand that Jussi is also working on things at his end. Particularly as regards DSD to PCM conversion.

3 Likes

Very kind of you to clarify, Andy. I’m a long-time HQPlayer fan, so very keen to get this integration running even better :slight_smile:

Well put, @andybob.

My goal is to release this build before the end of the week. Things don’t always go according to plan, but unless something major goes wrong in alpha testing in the next 24-36 hours, I think it will happen.

2 Likes

Click the volume control icon in the lower right corner of Roon and then click the chain link icon.
Then click play in Roon. This solves almost all the problems and you don’t have to restart either program.

Thank you for the work that all are doing to resolve this issue, and also to those who have suggested quick temporary fixes. It’s really appreciated!

Ever since I moved to the build 94 version my disconnect issues have virtually disappeared. Nice work!

To everyone in this thread: we released Roon 1.1 (build 99) a few hours ago. It contains the fixes discussed above.

We’ve tested it extensively with HQPlayer 3.12.0, and with the upcoming 3.13 beta. As far as we can tell, Roon is stable with both. I hear that the 3.13 release is close to done, but there are still some minor kinks to work out. The main benefit for you guys, other than some stability fixes, is that HQPlayer 3.13 is capable of performing DSD->PCM conversion when used in conjunction with Roon.

If you want to experiment with these builds, you can find them here:

http://www3.signalyst.com/bins/HQPlayerDesktop3-mac-3130b2.dmg
http://www3.signalyst.com/bins/HQPlayerDesktop3-setup-3130b2.exe

Completely stable for me. Thanks for your hard work guys. The best audio decision I have ever made was the decision to dive head first into a Roon lifetime membership. Truly a spectacular experience.

Audionirvana Brian…ha ha…well done! DSD64 and DSD128 to DSD256 played through NAA without a hitch…even toggling this way and that with the control keys. Thanks for the quick work!

Robert

I performed a little stress testing and could not reproduce any connection problems I experienced before with build 88 & 94.
So the problems seem to be solved for me. Thanks for the great work!!!