Bulk file renaming app

I always use Advanced Renamer for renaming my files it works awesome for batch jobs, only downside is that It can read and use the ID3 tags in the filename but can’t write to the tag.

So for eg. You can retrieve the track number and title from the tags (could be any existing tag) and then create a new filename eg. “04 - Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 1” Or whatever and do it in a batch like all files in a folder or multiple folders, but you can’t change the tags.

not sure if this is what you want but it’s another option.

1 Like

I had my chance to retire gracefully in January this year… I chose to buy a Porsche instead and carry on working for two more years😎.

Pretty sure I made the wrong decision :frowning:.

2 Likes

I retired 18 years ago after 34 years with the same US corporation. A bad day of retirement is better than a good day at work. I gave up a good portion of my pension to leave at age 56, but never regretted it for a second.

5 Likes

I made the “wrong decision” on two occasions by the third occasion I was desperate to leave, 7 years older but still got the car of choice :wink:

1 Like

I was “forced” at 63 but I agree , its that typical quote “I don’t know how I found time to work !!” :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wait til you get too old and decrepit to get into those lowdown fancy sports car things. You be trading it in for an SUV with space for the Zimmer Frame :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@Mike_O_Neill
Agreed. I’ve used it for many years and it’s excellent. Tons of functionality. The only problem is I don’t think you can do batch changes with it. You can change an entire album but I don’t think think you can make changes to multiple albums at one time.

As long as all the albums are in the same folder you can bulk a folder rename , ,it really depends what you need,

I originally bought it as it could resize artwork, I was using a CXN streamer with a USB drive and wanted all artwork to be 500x500 a bigger was slowing things down.

I use it mostly to standardize filenames and folder names etc these days but its a comprehensive toolkit

Fall in, climb out. Lol

Edit: maybe it should be, fall in, crawl out. :thinking:

1 Like

There was a song about that , dusting yourself off ??

I am not that flexible in my dotage I prefer to climb up :sunglasses:

1 Like

Apart from the knees

Back

Sleeping